Honored Contributor

Re: News about the Royals: Andrew and Fergie to wed again

[ Edited ]

I hadn't heard, but I am always the last to know!  Lol. She has a lot of problems, but age has a way of mellowing many of them.  She seems like a really nice person who needed to grow up.  She was so young when she married.  All the special attention, servants, nannys,  gifts, perks,, and then ......two kids, no money, with little education and experience at anything in the outside, real world.    Its not like she  could go out and get a job as a tech person, an  executive or a Target manager.  She had   very little money management skills, or how to manage money when she did get it. I think she had little experience on managing her own life.  I think she suffered from deep depression like many people, and had to muddle through by herself and a couple friends.  I mean when you are that famous, who do you trust?   Andrew must really love her, and she him.  Thats a good thing.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Nope, not going to happen. If the daily mail in the UK doesn’t have it, nobody does.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Hey, if Charles, at long last, could marry Camilla, despite all the baggage, there's really no reason why Andy and Fergie shouldn't give it another go should they ever decide they want to. The queen wasn't keen on Camilla, but it more or less worked out, and let's face it, Prince Phillip doesn't seem to like anybody.

@stevieb ...I'm with you all the way.   It's their lives to do with as they please and obviously after all these years, they still care about one another.   Why not start over and grow old together.  Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

I hope they do if they want to.  Though I'm not so sure about the "water under the bridge" thing.  When the daughter was married I seem to recall not much coverage of the Mother of the Bride.  Every view of Sarah had her head down.  It felt to me like the deal was... You can show up but don't you raise your face.  Seemed strained to my eyes.

Valued Contributor

My first thought - RUN ANDREW!

Respected Contributor

If it is true I don't see it happening while Prince Philip is alive. He couldn't stand her.

Respected Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

I hope they do if they want to.  Though I'm not so sure about the "water under the bridge" thing.  When the daughter was married I seem to recall not much coverage of the Mother of the Bride.  Every view of Sarah had her head down.  It felt to me like the deal was... You can show up but don't you raise your face.  Seemed strained to my eyes.

I saw many pictures of Sarah that day, and her head was certainly not down.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I think they will get back together someday.  Not sure what they are waiting for.  I don't think Philip hates her, but I do think both he and HM were furious with her when she tried to sell Andrew out.  I think time has healed that issue a bit.

Honored Contributor

I'm happy to hear that and I'm not surprised.  I remember reading in the papers when we were in London that they have been living together for years and have been a solid couple for years.  They have wanted to remarry but they need the Queen's permission.  Which they almost had until once again Fergie messed everything up.  Remember that scheme of hers to sell access to Andrew?  That put her on the outside again.  The opinion was that after that, they wouldn't be allowed to Marry until Charles became king.  It's nice that they won't have to wait.  Fergie is who she is.  She's a loose cannon but Andrew should be allowed to have the wife he wants.  

Honored Contributor

I have always thought that they might, and always hoped that they would.  Felt it was coming just last week when he brought her to some function which was not a wedding.  I hope they confirm soon if true.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."