Honored Contributor

News Shows with sing song voices and beating music in the background!

How's that for a title that explains the topic?!

I noticed this happening maybe several years ago.

Is the pounding drum and music in the background supposed to keep us

listening and tuned in?

The sing song voices, that don't take a breath.

Why can't they talk like just regular human beings speaking?

And talking thru the masks when no one is around except the camera person, with a stuffed up sounding nose.

Commercials do this too. It is just something unwatchable.Who thought it keeps people listening?

I just have to keep changing the channel and or muting. It just becomes so irritating I just can't listen.

Can you imagine Walter Cronkite speaking like this?

I can appreciate it so much when a newscaster speaks clearly and calmly, pausing when necessary, and not hammering every word as if they were in a theater or singing it with no pause ever.

I think I need to turn it all off!

Does it bother anyone of you as much or maybe you don't watch at all? (which I am starting to do too. not just because of the "medium but the message!" so depressing and disheartening, its hard to take in).

I find more and more where I was watching so much news, I can't stand to listen to it much at all.

I guess its good to deplug every so often.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: News Shows with sing song voices and beating music in the background!

Glad you found the "plug" @on the bay ! I did that a couple years ago. Reality is right there at your own home with your own friends & family!

Honored Contributor

@Harpa ,

Definitely.

The huge smiles from grandkids always makes my daysSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

Yes, and it's like there's a whole new language out there, because I have no idea nor do I understand what is coming out of their mouths!  It's sort of scary.  

Respected Contributor

Besides the background "noise", how about the Rapunzel long hair hanging over the shoulders and down the sides ?

When I see the hairdo, I think they don't want to be taken seriously as a professional news person.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

We watch our local news (NY) at six and then the world news at six thirty. We have no problems with it and don't hear any singsong. The only masks are when the reporter is out and about around people. We are very familiar with these news anchors as they have been around a long time.  We never watch the 24 news channels.