Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

The story wasn't even reported inaccurately  He did leave the scene of the accident..

Look at the title of the thread.  OP isn't saying Soules Shame on You.

Yeah, shame on the media, not Chris. LOL. They are judging the media more harshly than him. Weird.

I don't know that I would say that.  I think it's 2 different issues and people can be upset with both the media and Chris.  I don't see where anyone on this thread thought Chris was in the right but this particular thread is about the media.

I have a huge issue with the OP posting a comment to the effect that  people living in rural areas don't have anything to do but drink.  That's a pretty crummy comment to make and a very misinformed one. 

Honored Contributor

Re: News Media Shame on You

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

@SaRina,    You are missing the whole point.  1.  The first news story was inaccurately reported.  2.  Chris Soules ran after he attempted to help the dying man and he probably ran to sober up at mom's house.  This guy is in big trouble and an innocent man is dead.  However, the news media could not wait to get out the story thus leaving out crucial points.  That is what I am talking about.  i am not defending Chris Soules.  If you want a different title then you need to start your own thread.  Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1

That's what the news media does, they report breaking news, they don't sit around waiting for every detail to come out, that could take days or even years.  I'd hope we all know that.

When you want details or question what's going on, you look to a variety of sources.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@SaRina,    You are missing the whole point.  1.  The first news story was inaccurately reported.  2.  Chris Soules ran after he attempted to help the dying man and he probably ran to sober up at mom's house.  This guy is in big trouble and an innocent man is dead.  However, the news media could not wait to get out the story thus leaving out crucial points.  That is what I am talking about.  i am not defending Chris Soules.  If you want a different title then you need to start your own thread.  Cat Very Happy

I think you've misread some things because SaRina is on your side in this. 

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

The story wasn't even reported inaccurately  He did leave the scene of the accident..

Exactly, the story had missing information which was the OP's point and thus the title.  Again, I don't see how one precludes the other.

She started the thread she wanted to. If you want a thread saying Shame on Soules I'm not sure what's holding you back. There's another in TV and Movies. It's not exactly a banned topic.

I know what her point was.  And the point was incorrect.  He left the scene of the accident which is what the press reported.  Not reporting details at the time wasn't SHAME on them.

But leaving the scene of the accident is actually shameful,  and a crime.

No reason to start another thread.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Yeah, shame on the media, not Chris. LOL. They are judging the media more harshly than him. Weird.

Who did that? I guess I missed it.

Yes, I don't know how you missed it, but apparently you did.

Well, have a nice discussion.  I have to go study.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Katcat1

That's what the news media does, they report breaking news, they don't sit around waiting for every detail to come out, that could take days or even years.  I'd hope we all know that.

When you want details or question what's going on, you look to a variety of sources.

It's obviously a media bashing thread.  With some "oh, those poor rural people have nothing to do but drink" sentiment.

Ah, well, like I already posted a minute ago, I have to back to studying.  

Good luck!

Respected Contributor

So the intent of the OP is that the media is more wrong than the drunk is, just because not all the information was reported when she wanted to be. Good grief.

As Noel said, it was a death and not until a thorough investigation will it all be out there.

A death should be reported and they probably got word of it on a scanner... so what's the issue? 

Seems very misguided and just an attempt to distract from the real FAKE news that this Soules CREATED to cover up a death.

That's the FAKE you should be concerned with and not the broad brushstroke of media being the devil. SMDH

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Who did that? I guess I missed it.

Yes, I don't know how you missed it, but apparently you did.

Well, have a nice discussion.  I have to go study.

Which means what? That you can't point it out either? 

Valued Contributor

There is so much FAKE NEWS out there ............

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.