Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Soules is a long time drunk and has a long list of being found guilty of multiple incidences.

He's had years to get himself into rehab.

I have no patience for drunk drivers.  This time he killed a grandfather with a family who loved him, and he didn't stay around long enough to face the police. 

But the thread was started to say SHAME ON THE MEDIA.

smh

The thread was started because of the story that was reported (and what wasn't). From the first post the OP says the accused has a history of drinking and she's acknowledged what he did was wrong. I'm not sure how one topic precludes the other.

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Lock him up before he kills someone else.

Most likely, they will, especially if he had been drinking when the accident occurred. His preliminary hearing is May 2nd.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Soules is a long time drunk and has a long list of being found guilty of multiple incidences.

I have no patience for drunk drivers.  This time he killed a grandfather with a family who loved him, and he didn't stay around long enough to face the police. 

I am sure you have something to substaniate this conclusion.  You previous post shows incidents that occured a decade ago.  Anything more recent?  Those incidents are not unlike ones that many have from their youth.  Most are able to learn from them and grow into responsible adults.You have other information?

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

Re: News Media Shame on You

[ Edited ]

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

But the thread was started to say SHAME ON THE MEDIA.

smh

The thread was started because of the story that was reported (and what wasn't). From the first post the OP says the accused has a history of drinking and she's acknowledged what he did was wrong. I'm not sure how one topic precludes the other.

I know. I guess in everyone's anger towards Soules... it almost sounds like posters are changing the intent of the OP., making it sound like the OP is defending him.   And, btw, regarding all these accusations about "fake news".....Did the OP say the media was reporting "fake news"?  I don't think so, unless she said it in a later post and I missed it. So who is claiming the media reported "fake news"?

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Soules’ most serious arrest happened in 2006, when he was found guilty of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and fined more than $500. According to the charges, his blood alcohol level was less than 0.1 ,but over Iowa’s legal limit of .08. Court records show that Soules was fined more than $500 and served one year of probation.

The next year, 2001, was a busy year in court for Soules, according to records viewed by Radar. In February, he was found guilty of possession of alcohol under age, stemming from an incident on New Year’s Day. He was let off with a fine. The next month, records show he was found guilty of failure to maintain control of his vehicle, and fined.

On May 2, he was found guilty of possession of alcohol under age and fined yet again. And in August, he was found guilty of the same charge, with added charges of driving with an open container of alcohol, running a stop sign, and speeding. He was found guilty f all charges and fined, court records state.

Trouble followed him into the new year, when he was found guilty for fighting and noise on Valentine’s Day 2002. He was also found guilty of unlawful use of a license. Let off with a $50 fine and community service, he returned to court the next month for a charge of leaving the scene of an accident. The charge was reduced to defective brakes, but he was found guilty and fined. That same month, he was also fined for a stop sign or yield sign violation.

Doesn't The Bachelor do background checks? Geez.

He's in his mid-30s, right? Even 10 years ago, he was 25. That's old enough to know better. It's not like he's made one mistake. He has a string of troubles with the law. 

Why are so many people defending or making excuses for him? Is it because he's a (D list) celeb? Handsome? Good ol' farmboy? I don't get it. I doubt people would be so sympathetic to a random Joe Blow.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

He's in his mid-30s, right? Even 10 years ago, he was 25. That's old enough to know better. It's not like he's made one mistake. He has a string of troubles with the law. 

Why are so many people defending or making excuses for him? Is it because he's a (D list) celeb? Handsome? Good ol' farmboy? I don't get it. I doubt people would be so sympathetic to a random Joe Blow.

Who are all these people? I don't see any defending him. Not at all. I think it is agreed all around that he is guilty of leaving the scene.

Some posters are saying the OP is making excuses for him -- I don't see it as her making excuses. I think she is trying to point out her own personal observation about rural areas and drinking. That's not making an excuse for him. It's the OP's personal observation. She already stated she is not defending him.

Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Soules’ most serious arrest happened in 2006, when he was found guilty of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and fined more than $500. According to the charges, his blood alcohol level was less than 0.1 ,but over Iowa’s legal limit of .08. Court records show that Soules was fined more than $500 and served one year of probation.

The next year, 2001, was a busy year in court for Soules, according to records viewed by Radar. In February, he was found guilty of possession of alcohol under age, stemming from an incident on New Year’s Day. He was let off with a fine. The next month, records show he was found guilty of failure to maintain control of his vehicle, and fined.

On May 2, he was found guilty of possession of alcohol under age and fined yet again. And in August, he was found guilty of the same charge, with added charges of driving with an open container of alcohol, running a stop sign, and speeding. He was found guilty f all charges and fined, court records state.

Trouble followed him into the new year, when he was found guilty for fighting and noise on Valentine’s Day 2002. He was also found guilty of unlawful use of a license. Let off with a $50 fine and community service, he returned to court the next month for a charge of leaving the scene of an accident. The charge was reduced to defective brakes, but he was found guilty and fined. That same month, he was also fined for a stop sign or yield sign violation.

@JJsMomHi Smiley Happy

I've wondered the same thing!  Why would that show put a chronic drunk in the spotlight and market him like a star?  He had a criminal record.

I don't understand the excuses and trying to make it go away, either.  And coming after posters that see him for what he is and what he did really beats me.  Huh?  The guy deserves defending?  No, not with that history and now a death on his hands.

Honored Contributor

The story wasn't even reported inaccurately  He did leave the scene of the accident..

Look at the title of the thread.  OP isn't saying Soules Shame on You.

Honored Contributor

Re: News Media Shame on You

[ Edited ]

He got in an accident. Stuck around and called 911.  The victim got a pulse. Chris told the 911 operator he would call her back and he beat feet out of there.

What about that isn't leaving the scene?

On top of that, he refused to come out of his house until the police had a warrant.  My guess is, he was hoping to stall long enough for the alcohol to leave his system so they wouldn't know he was drunk.

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

The story wasn't even reported inaccurately  He did leave the scene of the accident..

Look at the title of the thread.  OP isn't saying Soules Shame on You.

Exactly, the story had missing information which was the OP's point and thus the title.  Again, I don't see how one precludes the other.

She started the thread she wanted to. If you want a thread saying Shame on Soules I'm not sure what's holding you back. There's another in TV and Movies. It's not exactly a banned topic.