Respected Contributor

I posted a question several days ago in regards to the forum.  I asked if we could view the entries as newest first.  I got several responses from forum members and one from a moderator.  They advised me to go to "topic layout" and click on "newest first."  I was glad this option was offered.  However, after following the directions of clicking on "newest first,) which is still selected on my topic layout, the newest posts are still posted at the end--not the beginning of the thread.  Did I do something wrong? Help!!

Esteemed Contributor

This may seen obvious but after you checked the box did you scroll to the bottom of the page and click save?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

Thanks, Marp!  I did it again, just to make sure, and the newest posts are still posted last.  I guess we really don't have that option???? Or, I'm losing my mind!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Mine are listed newest first when I'm logged in, but sometimes this is annoying when it's a long thread that I haven't read because the OP is buried at the bottom.  Wish they could pin the OP at the top like they did in the old format.

Honored Contributor

Are you using an iPad?

Mine says "Topic Options"

If you ARE using an iPad, try that!

Respected Contributor

Now I know I'm going crazy!  I went to "topic options" and clicked on "sort newest to oldest" and that worked!  I have Explorer.  The reason I tried the "topic layout" first, was because those were the directions given me by a moderator.  Thanks, violann!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Newest First?

[ Edited ]

@fortune wrote:

Now I know I'm going crazy!  I went to "topic options" and clicked on "sort newest to oldest" and that worked!  I have Explorer.  The reason I tried the "topic layout" first, was because those were the directions given me by a moderator.  Thanks, violann!!

Hi, @fortune!  I just explained the difference to you in the "Wish list" thread -- I didn't see this thread 'til now.  You can change this in your Preferences and save it if you want it to be that way all the time, rather than just using "Topic Options" (to the right of the "Reply" box)  for a thread.  hth!  Glad you got the settings fixed to your liking!Smiley

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Here's the info about changing preferences:

If you change your settings and be sure to click "SAVE" at the bottom of the page after changing them, the sort sequence will change to what you've chosen but it only works if you're signed in (since it's a personally customized option).

Be sure to check your settings.  You might have changed the wrong option. 

Under Preferences, "Topic Layout" affects the list of threads you see when you choose a forum.  "Linear Layout" affects the sequence of posts within a thread after you've opened the thread.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova