Trusted Contributor

Re: Newborn Mix Up ~ Couple Suing

Colostrum is produced for a few days, I think this is a ridiculous lawsuit! I could understand if she went home with the child. I hope it gets thrown out!
Respected Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@Mrsq2022

I see your point. I wouldn't have wanted my babies to have breastfed from another mother. There may be another lawsuit.....Not saying I would have sued, but I would be worried that the mom could have some disease or something. Gosh.

That would be my concern too

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

@Bri21 wrote:

It's a terrible thing to happen, but it's hardly worth suing over.

Usually the nurses match up the baby with the mom.  Didn't they do that this time?  I'd be worried someone would walk off with the baby if they're not checking ID bracelets.

I was wondering too. They never handed me my baby until they compared our bracelets. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's awful that the woman was given the wrong baby.  The nurse should have taken her time and checked thorougly before bringing the baby. Cat Mad

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I know very little about babies, and less about breast feeding, but? Every mistake is not lawsuit worthy, and I see this as one of them. As a male, I understand it is something I can't ever completely understand. Will leave it at that before I dig myself into a bigger(?) hole with the ladies.

hckynut(john) 

hckynut(john)