Respected Contributor

Re: New wrinkle in the Idaho sudent murders

[ Edited ]

NYPost

During the early-morning search of the Albrightsville PA home, police seized numerous personal belongings, including: one flashflight, 4 medical-style gloves, a white t-shirt, a WSU Cougars sweatshirt, pair of black and white Nike shoes, pair of black socks, black shorts, black boxers and took a cheek swab to obtain Kohberger’s DNA.

List of items police seized from the Kohberger family home in Albrightsville, Pennsylvania.

Trusted Contributor

@MorningLover ... I read that too. Most people have clothing like that so unless they had traces of blood on them how are they different from anyone else's clothing? I'm not really asking you...just wondering if they think his clothing was worn before and still may have traces of blood on them?? I Think the cheek swab was important to take right there and they also took his phone right away in case he wanted to erase anything...like all the pictures he had on his phone of one of the female victims!! They also took his car. Let's see how really good he scrubbed it clean!!! The medical-style gloves he used to wash his car inside and out there at his parents house. He probably didn't want to be seen washing his car at his apartment in Washington! The flash light he probably used in the middle of the night to put the bags of garbage/trash in his parents trash can AND the neighbor's! The Swat team, federal agents, police et al were very, very smart to arrest mhim at his parents because they caught him by surprise! Also, his apartment in Washington was as he left it and of course he had no idea he would be arrested at his parents in Pennsylvania ...so he probably thought "Uh oh! All those things l left in my apartment !!!" It's too late now Kohberger!! We got you!!! You probably know all this information but I'm just putting some thoughts together!! I'm unable to make my font larger, make paragraphs and heart posts.... Thanks for the latest information! I've never followed a case before but this one really bothered me so I'll follow it to the end... Oh !!!! Below your writing did you post a picture or something because all l can see is a long blank rectangle with a question mark in it.....
Trusted Contributor

Additional items seized from Kohberger's car,  from search warrant that was unsealed today:  

MONROE COUNTY, Pa. — More documents have been released in the arrest of Bryan Kohberger.

A 60-day seal stopped them from being released until Thursday morning.

Kohberger is accused of killing four University of Idaho students back in November of 2022. 

The first search warrant unsealed Tuesday revealed law enforcement seized Kohberger's clothes and took a cheek swab from him.

This round of warrants details what officials found at his parents' home and inside his car.

Additional court documents made public Thursday stated that a knife, a pocketknife, and a Glock 22 handgun with three empty magazines were found at the home of Bryan Kohberger's parents. The home, Kohberger's car, the garage and a shed on the property were all searched when he was arrested there Dec. 30.

Police took a door panel from the car, seat cushions, headrests, seatbelt, visor, brake and gas pedals, a band-aid, “maps and documents” and other items, including clothing and a shovel.

A cell phone, a laptop, and two containers of a “green leafy substance” were seized from the home, along with black face masks, a black hat and several articles of dark-colored clothing, and a book with “underlining on page 118.”

The newly unsealed documents were released two days after authorities first announced details about what had been seized at the home when Pennsylvania State Police arrested Kohberger, a 28-year-old former doctoral student at Washington State University. He's charged with four counts of first-degree murder and burglary in connection with the stabbing deaths in Moscow, Idaho.

Respected Contributor

It does make me wonder why they dismantled so much if the car and took it...what can they be looking for on the inside of a door panel or a headrest? 

Honored Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

It does make me wonder why they dismantled so much if the car and took it...what can they be looking for on the inside of a door panel or a headrest? 

What they didn't find in the car's other locations, like the victims' blood.

It's beginning to appear their case is weak and, now that they've decided on Bryan, they are determined to convict him, guilty or not.

Respected Contributor

He does sound like a viable suspect from what info has been released by law enforcement. 

Trusted Contributor

I have not been following this case closely, but I believe that a gag order was imposed by the judge. Have the results of scientific testing been publicly released?

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

They have released search warrants, but not any test results.

Respected Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

@Trailrun23   They are testing everything in his car that he touched like a visor, door panel and everything that his clothes and shoes touched, foot pedals, seat belt, seat cushions  headrest etc. Looking for latent traces of victims blood. There are chemicals that can detect latent traces of a blood stain even after repeated cleanings.