Honored Contributor

Re: New way to Improve relationships Sales pitch for older couples

@

@Oznell wrote:

Oh, sigh, it's the late, declining Roman Empire all over again. 

Why can't they take an art class together, or take up hiking???

@Oznell @@The obvious answer to your question is because the cannabis company running the ad won't make any more money from the couple. 😄

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

My point is that normally two adults talk abt issues they maybe having with one another and work on their relationship to resolve the issues.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skatting44 wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 

My point is that normally two adults talk abt issues they maybe having with one another and work on their relationship to resolve the issues.

@skatting44 ...Well, perhaps adding marijuana as a "mediator", just may make it easier for them to resolve those issues...LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

There's a movie abt this, that had me laughing, smiling & giggling like crazy.  Forgetting all problems, & negativity ...

It's British, so fair warning if you dont like British movies

It's called "Saving Grace."

PLOT:  "Soon after the funeral of her husband (who died 'suspiciously' – he 'jumped' out of a plane without a parachute), (Older lady) Cornish housewife Grace Trevethyn discovers that she has been left with his massive debts. Unless she can raise a large amount of money, she will lose both her home and all of her possessions. Her loyal gardener Matthew offers to continue working without pay if she were to care for his dying cannabis plants, so Grace agrees. The plants flourish under her care so, talking with Matthew she realises they could grow and produce lots of cannabis in a short time. 

With no other options and a creditor calling her home, Grace agrees to transform her greenhouse for the project."

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1c/Saving_Grace.jpg

If you have the chance to view it, I hope you like it!

Valued Contributor

Reefer Madness called. It wants 1936 back.

Respected Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@Oznell   Yes, sometimes we just have to get creative. 

I went to visit my parents one day (who were now in their 80's).  I noticed 2 chairs setting at the table with a Scrabble board on top of the table. I knew Dad didn't like board games. I asked mom who she was playing Scrabble with.  She replied, "with my friend" to which I replied, "which friend?  She had a silly grin on her face and answered....ME!!!  I didn't have the heart to say, "Which one of  YOU won"? Ha! We both had a good laugh that day.  She died last December but I remember one of her favorite sayings was, "Bloom Where Your Planted".  She was 92 and still playing Scrabble!  

@jubilant   I'm sad to hear of the passing of your sweet, creative mom.  Sounds like she was an amazing, lovely person.

As I was reading your post, I was thinking you were leading up to telling us that both Mom & Dad had been toking, and quickly covered up their stash under the Scrabble Board!