Esteemed Contributor

New way to Improve relationships Sales pitch for older couples

There is a ad on the radio in the Washington DC area that has an older husband and wife  who are talking abt the problems in their relationship . Well, then the wife goes on to say that they decided on  getting medical marijuana to help with their relationship  but they did not want to sit in an office so they apply online with some company .

Guess, if you don't get along with your spouse , you'll ignore any problems by sitting around  euphoricly stoned and forgetful abt any problems .......

Honored Contributor

Re: New way to Improve relationships Sales pitch for older couples

@skatting44 wrote:

There is a ad on the radio in the Washington DC area that has an older husband and wife  who are talking abt the problems in their relationship . Well, then the wife goes on to say that they decided on  getting medical marijuana to help with their relationship  but they did not want to sit in an office so they apply online with some company .

Guess, if you don't get along with your spouse , you'll ignore any problems by sitting around  euphoricly stoned and forgetful abt any problems .......

@skatting44   Aha, that must be when you wear your new QVC lounging wear.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

@skatting44   Aha, that must be when you wear your new QVC lounging wear.

And order all the expensive food to munch on.  Either yiu won't notice the price or you just won't care.  😆 🤪🥴

Honored Contributor

Oh, sigh, it's the late, declining Roman Empire all over again. 

Why can't they take an art class together, or take up hiking???

Honored Contributor

If it works for them, I'm happy for them. It's just a commercial. Marijuana is legal here, as legal as alcohol so "euphorically stoned" made me laugh. My take on this is they are having problems with their libidos, they want to bring some excitement to the bedroom. Marijuana in low doses can help with that. If they lived here, they could buy whatever they want from a cannabis shop or dispensary.  They wouldnt have to deal with online sites.  Its no big deal, people use it for social and medical reasons.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell   Yes, sometimes we just have to get creative. 

I went to visit my parents one day (who were now in their 80's).  I noticed 2 chairs setting at the table with a Scrabble board on top of the table. I knew Dad didn't like board games. I asked mom who she was playing Scrabble with.  She replied, "with my friend" to which I replied, "which friend?  She had a silly grin on her face and answered....ME!!!  I didn't have the heart to say, "Which one of  YOU won"? Ha! We both had a good laugh that day.  She died last December but I remember one of her favorite sayings was, "Bloom Where Your Planted".  She was 92 and still playing Scrabble!  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

If it works for them, I'm happy for them. It's just a commercial. Marijuana is legal here, as legal as alcohol so "euphorically stoned" made me laugh. My take on this is they are having problems with their libidos, they want to bring some excitement to the bedroom. Marijuana in low doses can help with that. If they lived here, they could buy whatever they want from a cannabis shop or dispensary.  They wouldnt have to deal with online sites.  Its no big deal, people use it for social and medical reasons.  

Agree with @chrystaltree .  If it works, good for them.  

Honored Contributor

Good Lord medical marijuana helps so many people. So many actual important things to fret about, such dramatic judgement.
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Valued Contributor

It's the end of the world as we know it

it's the end of the world as we know it 

and I feel ffffiiiiinnnnneeee.

Honored Contributor

Such a sweet story about your Mom, @jubilant !

Apart from my slightly tongue-in-cheek first response to the couples' story,  there are other dimensions to consider.

The ad was stating, it seems, that the couple were not seeking marijuana for excruciating physical pain, or end-of-life issues, as far as I can tell.  They wanted a fix for their marital struggles.

It's always better to zero in on the issues in a relationship, than to "cover" with drugs or alchohol.   A good couples therapist might be a way to start.

As a social worker who has spent decades in the field of substance abuse, I'm well familiar with marijuana 'denialism'.   It's nothing new.    First learned about it through our clinic psychiatrist, also an acclaimed Tulane University researcher and addictions expert in New Orleans.   He excoriated those who minimized the effects of the drug.   

Encouraging society to sanction something that some feel is "harmless" (untrue), and to add it to the already potent ill effects of alcohol abuse in society--  it's a mistake that many will, and have, paid a price for.  

There's a huge cannabis lobby and infrastructure now that works very hard to mainstream their lucrative products, and that will continue, with a number of states misguidedly cooperating.

People will do what they do, but they need to be in possession of all the information available.