Respected Contributor

New tactic for TSV purchases....

After getting the spenco flip flops that were just cheap uncomfortable flip flops (for my feet) I think that from now on I will just wait for the reviews.  They never seem to sell out of the TSV like they used to years ago.  Also they only go up in price 5 or 10 dollars after the day is over.  It would cost me over 12.00 plus the aggravation to return the spenco flip flops so waiting for the reviews and paying a little more would still be cheaper.  Also if sold out, I probably did not need it anyway.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: New tactic for TSV purchases....

I am finding I am doing the same, waiting for reviews.  Also, I wait for an item to appear "as is".  

Respected Contributor

@chiclet 

Your post makes a lot of sense.  I think I will follow your shopping strategy too.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@chiclet 

Selling out of a TSV simply means the buyer did a poor job and ordered too few. It doesn’t mean the item is better or more popular than the ones that don’t sell out. 

Trusted Contributor

I put items in my wish list and watch the prices and reviews.  There is nothing I see that I absolutely have to have.  Also, I now cross-check with HSN to see what price it offers the merchandise at (if the line is available there, too).  

Trusted Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@chiclet 

Selling out of a TSV simply means the buyer did a poor job and ordered too few. It doesn’t mean the item is better or more popular than the ones that don’t sell out. 

I've seen just the opposite when it seems the buyer buys way too many and that item is around forever.  One of SG's three tiered blouses comes to mind and I believe she had a raincoat that didn't sell well when it was a TSV.  I'm not bashing SG since I like many of her clothes, but there have been a few clunkers along the way. 

Super Contributor

Mine just shipped...plus I decided to cancel and it said it was.  Then it shows in process the next day and I could not cancel!!!!  Two other items did the same  darn thing...now I have to go thru the trouble of sending back...GOOD GRIEF!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet  I am doing the same.  So glad that I did not order the Spenco tsv, but I had gone online and read many reviews that were not on QVC.  Reviews were not as good as I felt that they should have been for the raves that Q hosts always give the brand.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@sashamatthews  Completely agree.  There is nothing "special" about the TSVs.  I put the item into my "wish list",  wait for the reviews, and the price to be reduced--LOL!  If I really "needed" an item, I would shop locally.  99% of what's sold on QVC can be found elsewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

I wait for reviews and AS IS.  Of course new tactic.... AS IS prices have gone up and up.  And if there is a very low price I find the sizes are xxsmall.  LOL