Honored Contributor

Re: New strain of COVID ID'd...

@Mominohio wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:
We have been doing the world’s worst job of reacting appropriately. Literally.

@willdob3 

According to whom?

hckynut 

@hckynut 

The numbers being tracked by whoever it is that tracks the numbers. WHO? CDC? Pick a number, any number. 

I don't think we can really believe the numbers, regardless of who they are from. 

There is way too much money and way too much politics for any of it to be fully trusted. 

Numbers could be higher any any aspect of this virus, and could be lower. What they most likely aren't is accurate. 

Call me jaded, but I've lived long enough to know that the powers that be make things look in ways that will benefit them, or hurt their opponent, or  gain them money or power. 

So I'm not willing to agree that we have at all done the world's worst job of reacting. Other places numbers most likely aren't true and accurate either. They all have agendas as well. 

@Mominohio   Well stated.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I'm heard about some attempt at arm-twisting to downplay the numbers. Regardless, I don't subscribe to the idea that there is wholesale chicanery either way.

We have to resist going down the rabbit hole of blanket distrust of everything.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I just read that Dr, Fauci said not to over react. That the US needs to keep an eye on it but don't over react.

dr Fanci also said in March masks are not necessary.....I do not believe him any more

Honored Contributor

This new mutation of the virus was first discovered in the U.K. in September. We don’t need to worry about keeping it out of the US. There is no way it isn’t here already. Same with other countries. A good guess is that it is already everywhere but hasn’t been reported yet. 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

This new mutation of the virus was first discovered in the U.K. in September. We don’t need to worry about keeping it out of the US. There is no way it isn’t here already. Same with other countries. A good guess is that it is already everywhere but hasn’t been reported yet. 

There is no doubt about it, @willdob3.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland