Frequent Contributor

Re: New strain of COVID ID'd...

Thank you for posting this topic. Not all of us can sit and read every thread...

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Read the Christmas is Canceled thread.

@Snowpuppy   But the title of that thread does not indicate that it is about this new strain.

In all fairness to @Susan Louise she is not obligated to open every thread to see what the content is-so it is very reasonable that she did not know.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I just read that Dr, Fauci said not to over react. That the US needs to keep an eye on it but don't over react.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I just read that Dr, Fauci said not to over react. That the US needs to keep an eye on it but don't over react.

@Pecky 

Probably not the best advise he has given us this year. We have been doing the world’s worst job of reacting appropriately. Literally.

Honored Contributor

Viruses can mutate.  If they can they will.  They'll just add to the mix of flu and other air born things.

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:
We have been doing the world’s worst job of reacting appropriately. Literally.

@willdob3 

According to whom?

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@willdob3 

According to whom?

hckynut 

@hckynut 

The numbers being tracked by whoever it is that tracks the numbers. WHO? CDC? Pick a number, any number. 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@willdob3 

According to whom?

hckynut 

@hckynut 

The numbers being tracked by whoever it is that tracks the numbers. WHO? CDC? Pick a number, any number. 

I don't think we can really believe the numbers, regardless of who they are from. 

There is way too much money and way too much politics for any of it to be fully trusted. 

Numbers could be higher any any aspect of this virus, and could be lower. What they most likely aren't is accurate. 

Call me jaded, but I've lived long enough to know that the powers that be make things look in ways that will benefit them, or hurt their opponent, or  gain them money or power. 

So I'm not willing to agree that we have at all done the world's worst job of reacting. Other places numbers most likely aren't true and accurate either. They all have agendas as well. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@willdob3 

According to whom?

hckynut 

@hckynut 

I don't think we can really believe the numbers, regardless of who they are from. 

There is way too much money and way too much politics for any of it to be fully trusted. 

Numbers could be higher any any aspect of this virus, and could be lower. What they most likely aren't is accurate. 

Call me jaded, but I've lived long enough to know that the powers that be make things look in ways that will benefit them, or hurt their opponent, or  gain them money or power. 

So I'm not willing to agree that we have at all done the world's worst job of reacting. Other places numbers most likely aren't true and accurate either. They all have agendas as well. 

@Mominohio 

I agree we can’t believe the numbers. But I don’t for a second wonder if we might actually be in a better situation than what is being reported. The real ones are worse. In this state the numbers were openily and purposely tampered with. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pecky wrote:

That's pretty much what Fauci said about this virus about a year ago when it first surfaced in China... Somehow, I'm not encouraged by his point of view... That said, neither am I fraught with fear of the mutated virus... Viruses mutate, it's what they do...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...