Honored Contributor

These two stamps are coming out soon and are available for pre-order, but both are at the increased rate of 55 cents per stamp.  

The flag stamp comes out on 1/27 and Gregory Hines on 1/28.

740104-L0.jpg

477004-L0.jpg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

I adored Gregory Hines - this is the stamp I have been waiting for!

Trusted Contributor

Re: New stamp releases

[ Edited ]

zikes! 55 cents now for postage is kind of steep...

That’s the nice thing about Forever stamps. Even when the postage rate changes, any stamps you already bought at a lower cost are still valid postage.

I’ve got a year’s worth of stamps from books of Flag Forevers that I bought at Costco (they will sell a minimum of 3 books if you ask for stamps; I bought 6 books!). At the time I said to myself, why did I just buy so many stamps?? Now I think I might be protected from rate increases for quite a bit longer, even though I would enjoy using new designs and commemoratives. 

Both those new ones are very pretty.  

Super Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

I adored Gregory Hines - this is the stamp I have been waiting for!

@sashamatthews

Great stamp!

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful stamps! That was on my "to do" list on 12/26 . . . the day of the accident. Need to buy them on-line or have my carrier provide an mail-in thing! Thanks for the reminder. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I am happy to see Gregory Hinesis getting a stamp.  I am stocking up on stamps before the increase.  When his comes out, I will buy a book or two of those also.

Esteemed Contributor

Guess I will have to learn how to pay over the computer.

Honored Contributor

I don't really use snail mail these days; I use about 12 stamps a year.  I'm still using the Forever Stamps that I bought so long ago that I can't remember when I bought them.  

Honored Contributor

I'm glad Hines is getting a stamp.  I've always liked him.  His dancing (Hines, Hines and Dad) was terrific, and every time I've seen him interviewed he came across as a very sweet man.

I'm going to stock up on even more stamps than my already ample stash (including a lot of the John Lennon ones!) before the price increase, so I won't be buying the Hines stamps, even though I like it a lot and think it does justice to him.

Honored Contributor
Very nice picture of him. Thanks for posting