Valued Contributor

Sent in appropriate info for the "settlement-  months later- was told I didn't qualify (even though I DID) but 6 MONTHS later- said if I sent in further proof and pictures (I did) they would re-consider- so today I got an email that said there was such a great response- that they were setting up a queque- and if I wanted my replacement- it wouldn't be until the end of July and then they would send me further instructions on how to send my mixer back for replacement blades- OR if I changed my mind- they would give me the $70 "gift" certificate ----- I find this VERY odd- and $70 doesn't even cover the cost of a new container. Not very consumer friendly - either you pay more- or maybe get a cookbook and some plastic utensils you don't need- but still they won't say their product is defective. WHAT A PAIN! I have to wait until JULY and then wait for them to fix it and send it back??? how long will THAT take? 

Honored Contributor

Re: New response from Vitamix

Seems to me that they are overwhelmed and hoping over time that some people will give up.Can you use your blender or is the container damaged?

Honored Contributor

@sipp--I got the same notice yesterday. Haven't decided if I will take the $$ or send my whole container back. A new blade assembly on the VM webite is $116 so you would have to cough up another $40 some to get it. I have 3 containers I use, one is for dry and the others are the 32 oz and the 64 oz. Would be nice to have 2 blades and not have to change one to the other----don't need any cookbooks or tools or containers really---will have to think about it more.

Respected Contributor

Wow I would expect more from them. I don’t own one but I always hoped someday I would be able to get one but not if they are like this. ☹️

Honored Contributor

It sounds like you will devoting years to this.  I don't have that kind of patience.  I'd have thrown out the trashy thing and considered it one of life's lessons.  

Respected Contributor

WHAT HAPPENED...   I guess I am out of the loop or didn't see anything on Vitamix.  I have the 5200 and love it.  I also purchased the shorter container for it. 

Is there an issue with a particular model?  Thanks.

I hope you get the compensation you deserve.

Honored Contributor

@sipp : Well- I am fed up and will not purchase Vitamix again. I received notice that mine was involved and sent paperwork in twice. Notified twice mine was not included. Received email to provide more information but the deadline to respond had expired, still sent answer to email and notified didn’t qualify. My vitamix still works but will consider another brand when need to replace. I don’t have time to deal with all of this and disappointed company didn’t provide replacement at no charge. Just my thoughts. Southern Bee 

Valued Contributor

I just got a response to my question of what can the $70 be used for? ONLY A NEW CONTAINER!!! THEY have a lot of nerve for what this cost in the first place!!!

Valued Contributor

My suggestion- DON'T EVER BUY A VITAMIX- obviously they don't give a ****** about their customers and it's a costly appliance- you could buy a new one of a different brand each year for a while and be ahead of the game!!! I am not pleased with the way they handled this- wait til July for a fix- then wait til they fix it? or pay them MORE to get a new container when the one they sent in the first place was defective and they got caught and still won't admit to  it!

Trusted Contributor

Was this a defect in a new machine? What happened?

Originally joined board 12-14-2004