Super Contributor

Re: New job - Standing & walking all day - Shoe/Sneaker recommendations please :)

Thanks so much for the suggestions and the congrats!!! 

I will definately look into those options and hopefullly find something just perfect.

Currently I have tried Fila sneakers with memory foam and New Balance sneakers and both are great for short / normal walking but not for long periods of standing and walking etc.

Have a great weekend everyone   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: New job - Standing & walking all day - Shoe/Sneaker recommendations please :)

@WeiRDgeRL wrote:

Thanks so much for the suggestions and the congrats!!! 

I will definately look into those options and hopefullly find something just perfect.

Currently I have tried Fila sneakers with memory foam and New Balance sneakers and both are great for short / normal walking but not for long periods of standing and walking etc.

Have a great weekend everyone   Smiley Happy

@WeiRDgeRL

I wore a pair of New Balance a few years ago when I was doing my nursing clinicals, but I've been wearing Alegrias exclusively at work.  Some styles are more comfortable than others.  I tend to reach for my clogs.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@WeiRDgeRL

Congrats on the new job!

It has been a long time since I stood all day for a job. No sneakers worked for me. I got a good pair of hiking boots. 

I’d also like to recommend Andrew Lessman/ProCaps Circulation & Vein Support Supplement. I wish I’d known about this back when I was on my feet all day. 

Respected Contributor

I have no idea what kind of dress code may apply to your workplace. 8 swear by quality clogs which I usually buy at a Scandinavian specialty shop. I did buy a pair of Dansko clogs online and have liked them. Nurses seem to wear clogs a lot, and they are on their feel constantly. Also, get to the doctor to be sure what is causing your pain.

Super Contributor

Thanks again for your input   Smiley Happy     I really appreciate it!

Honored Contributor

I walk 2 miles a day every day of week rain/shine,summer/winter.

I wear Assic “tennis shoes”. They give excellent support for my feet (especially my foot I have had numerous surgeries on).

Merrills is another good shoe for feet. Very comfortable. 

Trusted Contributor

Another suggestion is to get a custom made orthotic to slip into your shoes.  They're costly but so worth it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@WeiRDgeRL, you might want to think about compression socks for support.  LM

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@WeiRDgeRL

Congrats on the new job!

It has been a long time since I stood all day for a job. No sneakers worked for me. I got a good pair of hiking boots. 

I’d also like to recommend Andrew Lessman/ProCaps Circulation & Vein Support Supplement. I wish I’d known about this back when I was on my feet all day. 

@willdob3

@WeiRDgeRL

I had a hiking boot malfunction last year and ended up with a broken hand and a broken tooth.  Long story.

Those are now in landfill and I replaced them with a pair of Zamberlan boots from Italy.  Nice support and stability.  Never walk the dog without them.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

To OP.....having worked in retail when between jobs, I was on my feet a lot.  Some times working until the store closed and then having to go back in the next morning when the store opened.  That was very difficult on the poor feet and legs.  Bought numerous different brands of shoes, I got smart.....took an extra pair of shoes in with me, and midway into the work schedule, I would change my shoes.  This did help a lot.

This is only a suggestion.....