Honored Contributor

Re: New entertainer category

I just thought of two more: 1) My youngest daughter and I went to see ELO in Philly mostly because I wanted to go. I had no idea she had a horrible headache throughout the entire show because it was loud (and also smelled gross from weed). I was enjoying the music though and she said nothing. As we left, she was holding her head and finally told me she had a really bad headache. I was shocked and asked her why she didn't tell me, and she responded "you were having such a great time, mom, and I didn't want to ruin it." OMG, I felt terrible for weeks, long after she had forgotten about it.

2) Another daughter adored "Prince" and had his posters and paraphernalia all over her bedroom. She finally went to his concert with some friends and came home hating him! She tore all the stuff in her room down. She never told me why, but she sure wasn't a fan anymore.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

Penn & Teller, well before they became Vegas fixtures.

The tickets were a birthday gift for my son, an 11 yr old would-be magician. He was invited on stage to assist with a card trick. Awestruck!

An amazing show that leaves you wondering. Penn did a meet/greet after and couldn't have been nicer.

Respected Contributor

On 1/16/2015 mstyrion 1 said:
On 1/16/2015 aubnwa01 said:

Back in the early 70's, a friend & I went to see Laura Nyro at the Music Center in L.A. The 2nd billing act was some guy we'd never heard of & by his name judged (incorrectly) that he must be some sort of soul/R&B singer.

When Jackson Browne came out & blew everyone away & got a standing ovation & a couple of curtain calls, we were all blown away. Laura Nyro was great, too.

great story!

I've loved Jackson Browne for years.

Even though we'd somehow never heard of him until that night, my friend & I both became huge Jackson Browne fans that night.

Esteemed Contributor

My mom was a great fan of Wayne Newton, so we took her to see him when he appeared in concert locally. Mr Sunny and I moaned and groaned and made fun of the fact we were going, but boy were we surprised. He put on an excellent show for THREE hours straight. My mother was in her glory and because we were in the first row, he kept waving and smiling to her. Even if we hated the show, it would have been worth it to see the excitement and happiness on my mom's face.

PS this was when he still had his voice and his old face, and was really quite the entertainer.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett