Respected Contributor

Re: New entertainer category

Back in the early 70's, a friend & I went to see Laura Nyro at the Music Center in L.A. The 2nd billing act was some guy we'd never heard of & by his name judged (incorrectly) that he must be some sort of soul/R&B singer.

When Jackson Browne came out & blew everyone away & got a standing ovation & a couple of curtain calls, we were all blown away. Laura Nyro was great, too.

Respected Contributor

On 1/16/2015 brii said:

{#emotions_dlg.lol}Don't laugh.

My mom bought us all tickets to see Yanni. She was so excited. We kind of rolled our eyes and groaned about the whole thing, and we didn't have the heart to disappoint her by not going.

OMGosh, let me tell you what a good show that was. It was very entertaining. We sat in the 5th row and had amazing seats. We laugh about it to this day how much we loved that show.

Smiley Happy. My mom wanted to go to a concert and her friend had to cancel. So i got dragged to a John Tesh concert! It was nice, but not exactly my style.
Respected Contributor

On 1/16/2015 kittymomNC said:

I don't know if anyone here is a fan of country music, but I have been for years and saw a lot of country entertainers like Alabama, Brooks and Dunn, Oakridge Boys, Statler Brothers and Barbara Mandrell, Steve Wariner, Travis Tritt, Reba McIntire, and a lot of others, and saw Elvis a couple of times.

But I wonder if anyone remembers the country music singer Don Williams. Just a good old country boy with a wonderful mellow voice and an old cowboy hat... he didn't "perform", he just sang. I loved listening to his records, but I didn't expect a lot seeing him in person. I was used to real "performances". But I was so pleasantly surprised! He had some upbeat songs like "Tulsa Time" as well as his usual ballads like "I Believe in You", and everyone in the whole concert arena just got so into everything with him! He didn't have to do a thing, just sing, no flashing lights, no smoke billowing out on the stage, nothing but him and his band. The audience loved him! And so did I!

Huge Don Williams fan.

Respected Contributor

On 1/16/2015 aubnwa01 said:

Back in the early 70's, a friend & I went to see Laura Nyro at the Music Center in L.A. The 2nd billing act was some guy we'd never heard of & by his name judged (incorrectly) that he must be some sort of soul/R&B singer.

When Jackson Browne came out & blew everyone away & got a standing ovation & a couple of curtain calls, we were all blown away. Laura Nyro was great, too.

great story!

I've loved Jackson Browne for years.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

Terry Fator was really good.

Respected Contributor

Pink Martini. A friend took me to a concert and I wasn't too into them. Seeing them live totally changed my mind. They were fabulous.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Trusted Contributor

On 1/16/2015 scotttie said:
On 1/16/2015 kittymomNC said:

I don't know if anyone here is a fan of country music, but I have been for years and saw a lot of country entertainers like Alabama, Brooks and Dunn, Oakridge Boys, Statler Brothers and Barbara Mandrell, Steve Wariner, Travis Tritt, Reba McIntire, and a lot of others, and saw Elvis a couple of times.

But I wonder if anyone remembers the country music singer Don Williams. Just a good old country boy with a wonderful mellow voice and an old cowboy hat... he didn't "perform", he just sang. I loved listening to his records, but I didn't expect a lot seeing him in person. I was used to real "performances". But I was so pleasantly surprised! He had some upbeat songs like "Tulsa Time" as well as his usual ballads like "I Believe in You", and everyone in the whole concert arena just got so into everything with him! He didn't have to do a thing, just sing, no flashing lights, no smoke billowing out on the stage, nothing but him and his band. The audience loved him! And so did I!

Huge Don Williams fan.

I love Don Williams for his voice, which I think is really beautiful but I also really love his laid back style. I know he's been around for a long long time but I didn't "discover" him until the mid '90s. I don't do concerts but I'd love to see and hear him in a small intimate setting. I love Come Early Morning, Some Broken Hearts, I'm Just a Country Boy, Love is on a Roll.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Esteemed Contributor

Never went thinking Id be disappointed for me. I knew theyd be good or I wouldnt have gotten tickets!

But my husband did not want to go see Def Leppard or Hall and Oates with me. He ended up loving both concerts, especially the Hall and Oates which we saw together 3X and I saw them 2X alone.

I can tell you my favorite concerts ever were Hall and Oates and the Goo Goo Dolls. HOWEVER I have never seen Paul McCartney (or any of the Beatles) and I haven't seen Bon Jovi. So Im sure I would love Paul, Ringo, etc., and Bon Jovi.

I have been to a lot of concerts in my life (up until about 4 years ago).

The joy of having been born at the right time is I got to see most of the cool bands! :-)

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Before the "storm," my oldest daughter took me to an AC concert that included Etta James, Al Green, and B. B. King, some of my favorite artists, for my birthday. I was thrilled.

Etta James was replaced because she was ill, by Little Richard who gave it his all (I never particularly liked him, but he sure did put on a show). Al Green hugely disappointed me by not singing even one of his songs all the way through, and "performed" for less than a half hour. He had some people on the stage with him who did most of the singing. By the time B.B. King showed up, I was exhausted and expressed to my daughter that if she wanted to leave, it was okay with me. So we left.

Since our estrangement, which is now five or six years ago, I have thought of this evening many times and feel so guilty that she must have felt as though I did not appreciate her birthday gift to me. My daughter is difficult, and what happened divided the family it seems permanently, but I would give anything if I could change what happened at the concert that night. One of the things we have in common is our love for all genres of music. We went together to many classical concerts, and every year would go into the City to see Handel's "Messiah," which I have not seen since.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

On 1/16/2015 Smaug said:

Pink Martini. A friend took me to a concert and I wasn't too into them. Seeing them live totally changed my mind. They were fabulous.

Aren't they AMAZING?!!!!
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero