Honored Contributor

Re: New encouraging video message by Carolyn Gracie on FB

Do some here just go out of their way to be ugly?

I wonder what you would actually say to someone’s face, instead of anonymously behind a keyboard?
New Contributor

I was hoping she would start a utube channel. Frankly, I love Nutsy and squirrels in general. Noticed the squirrel statue was missing in Gary’s house on his show this morning. Maybe he feels it’s job protection. Too bad people can’t just be themselves. Will definitely be watching for Carolyn.

Honored Contributor

The only ex-QVC host that I commend for asking people to follow them to their new personal social media sites is Stacey Stauffer.

Almost immediately following her lay-off, Stacey tried to figure out her public life post QVC.  She posted a lot about partnering with food and kitchen brands (small ones), and then started cooking a lot from her home kitchen on Instagram and sharing excellent recipes. 

Stacey's cooking on Instagram gained a very nice following that grew & grew.  Soon she was offering actual paid virtual cooking classes, cooking right along with her.  She went to the best restaurants in NYC and Phili to get inside information about trendy menu items and new techniques & tools in the kitchen. 

Now she's back on QVC as a brand ambassador for multiple brands, and never looked better in her profession!

I say all that to say Stacey showed a purpose and reason for those to stay engaged with her.  She never looked like someone who drank the Kool-Aid thinking she's famous.  None of the "I love you & miss you" that all hosts get online seem to ever drive her online presence.

Perhaps Caroline will eventually focus on a helpful service or items; perhaps a pet supply business, etc.  She'd be great at that if she wants it.  Other than that, I'm not interested in any host's day in the life channel or page. 

Trusted Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I'm not sure why this news is described as "encouraging."

NOT too hard to figure out.

Respected Contributor

I like Carolyn as a host because she did a good presentation and was the closest to my size.  She seemed likeable.  However, the squirrel thing was cute for a while but just got silly and old.  Now that she is gone like other hosts I liked, I don't care to ever hear about her again.  She was not a friend or family to me....just someone doing what she was paid to do.  Her firing was sad but not as sad as some single mother trying to support her children or a father supporting his family.  It happens to a lot of people and hopefully Carolyn planned ahead especially since she had to know she would be retiring in the next few years.  

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Do some here just go out of their way to be ugly?

I wonder what you would actually say to someone’s face, instead of anonymously behind a keyboard?

Go out of their way? No, it seems to come very naturally to some.

The comments related to dementia are sickening and inappropriate. Hope it never happens to them or someone they love. 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't follow hosts, but this thread is getting strange. Posters were upset that Caroline was let go from QVC, but now they're piling on her because she is starting an internet channel.  Also criticizing her because she's including animals. I don't understand peoples' minds. 

The post about dementia and puppet shows was insulting. The poster and those who agreed should have more empathy.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@SylvaBelle wrote:
@faeriemoon. That a woman can be knocked down but not out and she can pick herself up, dust herself off and look forward to an optimistic future in spite of it all.

Ok; I guess I would have used a word like "uplifting" or "inspirational" or something of that nature.  

An "encouraging message" sounds like some sort of good news regarding a concerning health issue.

I get what you're saying now. Thanks.

@SylvaBelle 

Respected Contributor

@SylvaBelle 

Thank you for this post.

It's good to know that Carolyn is standing on her feet, stretching, & reaching out for whatever next stage that life might have for her.   That's how to do it!

It's not easy figuring out, the next stages in life when the unexpected happens to ya.  I know what that feels like.   I admire Carolyn's reaching!

Wishing you great love & living, Carolyn!  Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I don't know what she would do on youtube, but I've often thought it seems like a lot of work to make interesting videos.  Frankly, I cannot imagine her doing it.