Honored Contributor

New Yorkers Bang Pots & Pans to Thank Frontline Workers

One thing you can say for sure ... Americans are united in their love and appreciation for the first responders, hospital doctors and nurses who are risking their lives to save others, and New Yorkers showed their emotions Friday night at eardrum-shattering levels.

NYC residents came out in force at around 7 PM and started a metal drumbeat ... banging pots and pans as they stood on their balconies or by their windows to show how they feel about their hospital heroes.

It's becoming a nightly tradition and, appropriately, it's getting louder and louder by the night.

The new movement, #ClapBecauseWeCare, has seen first responders in the city applauded and serenaded to thank them.

Here here.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: New Yorkers Bang Pots & Pans to Thank Frontline Workers

How wonderful!  There ARE good people in this world.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie 

For me, it sure disproves what a lot of people think of New Yorkers, as cold, uncaring people!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

There has been negative feedback on this from the frontline workers themselves, IIRC, in the pages of the NYT. Something to the effect that they don't need that, they need PPE and making a racket doesn't do anything for them. Seems more about the people making noise than the workers. Like NYC needs more noise.

Honored Contributor

Most citizens cannot supply the PPEs, or other supplies that they need, I hope a show of appreciation from their community would be appreciated, as that's all they can give.

Super Contributor

I live in NYC and if I had PPE's available I would give to first responders. I am sure our Health care workers just want our federal government to take this seriously and give them the supplies they need. 
As a  NYC resident I love the noise. We are alive. We don't live in the city to hear crickets.