Respected Contributor

Anyone besides me amazed by the dancers' high kicks? I don't think the Rockettes normally kick that high.

Trusted Contributor

Re: New York, NY Tourism TV Ad

Oh yeah, they kick that high.  To see them in person is amazing.  My grandpa used to take me to see the shows at Radio City Music Hall (that's what it was called!).  I was so thrilled. And I saw the Rockettes just once as an adult and still got a great buzz to see them. They always come on at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Keep a lookout in November. Fabulous energy!  

Valued Contributor

Oh yes they do kick that high! I lived in NY for the first 35 years of my life and went to Radio City Music Hall many times. It's a great show and such a wonderful Family Christmas tradition!

Respected Contributor

@gizmogal  I watch the parade almost every year. It's a totally different camera angle -- maybe that's the difference.

Trusted Contributor

Great commercial! I love the row of Lucky Cats.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They've been around a long time! DD's dance teacher was a former Rockette. We lived in another state and DD was just starting as a preschooler. She was wonderful with the little ones and conscious of the parents' finances, which is unusual!

She was widowed. She met her husband in NYC when he was on shore leave, and they returned to her southern home!    

Best teacher DD ever had, and DD took classes through graduation and later also taught the little ones her last two years of high school. Good memories. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nothing like seeing the Rocketts in person at Radio City and they do kick that high.  They are amazing.  Went many times when we lived in NJ.  Grand Daughters dance teacher is a former Rockette.

Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone know who sings the New York, NY song in one of the NYC tourist ads?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Mom used to always tell me about going to see the Radio City Christmas Show with the Rockettes with her Mom. I always wanted to see it with her, but we never did.

They're beautiful and talented

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

My dream as a young girl was to dance.  My Mom used to take a bus trip with her friends every year to see the show at Radio City.  I begged and begged and begged some more every year to take me but she wouldn't.  As I got older in my teens, I gave up asking.  That year she took my sister.  They are amazing.