Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Years Eve, Home or Going Out.

We used to go out for a nice dinner and then cards with my bf from HS and her.  He passed away last year so it's a sad time for me tonight.

My dh & I went to the cheese factory this afternoon for my Baby Swiss 🧀🧀🧀 and his red rind muenster.  We will have leftover seafood Alfredo Pasta from our favorite Italian restaurant for dinner.  Then we will get into the hot tub with a berry wine cooler.  It's a tradition that we  started about 20 years ago.  Then we will crawl into bed and hopefully sleep like a baby.

Happy New Year🎉🎉 to all of you.

Glenda

Super Contributor

Staying in. Too many crazy people out there these days. Will no doubt resort to watching TV in the room where I am least likely to hear fireworks or gunshots. Making a pizza and sipping some of my favorite wine. 2022 was an emotionally exhausting year for me, so I will engage in a little self-reflection and hang up the new wall calendar in my home office. As Scarlett O'Hara said "after all, tomorrow is another day."

Respected Contributor

Doing tonight what I do every night: READING.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Home.  Been there, done that.  Years of bad service, higher prices, we had fun times, but too many drunks, afraid of driving home, crazy, rude people.  Glad to be on my couch tonight.   

Will watch some NYE TV, have a cocktail, and be thankful I’m safe at home.  If we make it till the ball drops.... 58 degrees today vs. -20 wind chill Christmas Eve.  So at least decent weather.  

Happy New Year.  Kicking 2022 to the curb.  Blessings in 2023!

@twinny70   Berry wine cooler and a hot tub.  Sounds good!  

Honored Contributor

I have not "gone out" in like 40 years😄

Honored Contributor

I stayed home--with a broken ankle and a really awful stomach!! Not sure where the stomach issues came from but the ankle puts the hammer down on most outdoor activities for awhile. So went to bed early and was pleasantly surprised there were no fireworks going off at midnite. 

Trusted Contributor

Stayed home and was happy to do so. No desire to go out.