Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Years Eve, Home or Going Out.

I never stay up for NY! Unless the neighbors shoot off fireworks or something. We'll go over to DD's and then hopefully, have an early evening back home.

Esteemed Contributor

I Stay In and Go to Bed Early on New Year's Eve

New Years humor | Funny new year, New year eve quotes funny, New years eve  quotes

Honored Contributor

We stay home and usually grill steaks and watch a movie..We used to years ago go out to dinner and a movie, but it got too bad, food wasn't that great,prices were higher,and before that my oldest sister would have a gathering at her house that was fun, but that was years ago and she and her husband have now passed..So we are home..

Honored Contributor

Birthday party for my sister. Just finished making her birthday cake. 

Happy New Year! 🎉

Esteemed Contributor

DH and I are staying home.  We aren't  going anywhere all weekend.  

Honored Contributor

Home, DH is making steak and lobster!!!

Trusted Contributor

We are staying in. I ran my errands earlier in the day and am about to head out for cardio. We were out shopping yesterday and got one of those rings of shrimp, so that's dinner tonight along with a salad. Spouse bought the fixings for some interesting cocktails, so we'll have that also (I usually don't finish all of mine). We both love to read, so it's his Kindle for him and I will be finishing, The Fallen Creed" by Alex Kava, then will jump into whatever's on top of my library book pile. Tomorrow, I have church early, then. spouse is roasting a duck breast for dinner. First time we've had it; he's a great cook, so he knows what he's doing. I just have to take care of clean up, which is a great deal, in my book. Hope you all have a blessed New Year.

Respected Contributor

Having a nice special dinner,  Prosecco to go with, and a chocolate ganache cake for dessert.  

It was either grilled tenderloin or Killer Shrimp. going with the shrimp, fried Polenta and salad or some sort of veggies.  Tenderloin for tomorrow.   

Haven't been out in years but i do miss some of the NYE hotel parties and dressing up, back when you could strut your stuff with the dresses and jewelry!

Respected Contributor

Staying home. As my father would say stay home where you belong.

Esteemed Contributor

For many years I would be out partying up with friends and strangers, but about five years ago I stopped. I became more aware of my mortality and drunk drivers on the road. It just does not hold any interest for me anymore.

I will be home safe and warm, watching the ball drop on one of many channels that offer their own New Years Celebration at midnight. 

Happy New Year to all and have a safe and blessed 2023.