Respected Contributor

Re: New Years Eve, Home or Going Out.

Staying home.  I  dread the fireworks that go on endlessly and my poor dog is so scared.  I hold her as tight as I can to comfort her. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Home...specifically my son's home where we are dog sitting.  It is inside the city limits of San Antonio and hopefully there will not be too much in the way of fireworks like there would be if we were actually at our house.

EDIT:  will probably watch "Spirited" again as it is my new favorite movie ❤❤❤

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

The owner of our company's Accountant had the bright idea that the company should prepay vendors for 6 months invoices into the next year.

So our fiscal year end was December 31 BUT I had to also prepay 6 months into the New Year. Wouldn't be so bad BUT they wouldn't give me the vendors list until a few days before December 31. So I would rush to make hundreds of checks and then have to wait for the owner to sign the checks. 

Since it was around the holidays the owner wasn't always available.

I also was responsible for the bonus checks of the Officers of the company. I would have to have all their department's billing posted as of December 31. So their bonus figures were accurate.

The owner would also go on a spending spree. And I had to get W-2 forms for all the stores that he decided to buy items. The stores were busy with Christmas and I couldn't issue a check until I got their W-2.

Then I would have to drive all the checks to the Post Office on December 31. The Post Office was next to the second busiest State Store in the state of Pennsylvania. To put it mildly it was a zoo. 

I wouldn't get home until after 9PM no matter how much I rushed. And our friends would be waiting for me, so we could go out to dinner. I was not charming company.

Since I retired I just want to sit in my pajamas and watch whatever TCM is showing. We are having shrimp, chicken wings, chips and dip and pepperoni and cheese. That is it.

Trusted Contributor

Staying home and going to bed early as usual!

Honored Contributor

Staying home and we will have some snacks.  Another couple is coming over and we have plans to watch TV....such an exciting evening!

Respected Contributor

Staying home, warm and cozy.  Will have some snacks and probably watch a movie.   Happy New Year!  

Honored Contributor

We're all wild folks aren't we ?

happyeverythingsusy-vi.gif

Honored Contributor

Smiley3-vi.gif

Respected Contributor

Use to go out but most New Years we have spent at home with a special meal.

I miss the New Years Day when we would go to my moms home for chili and a gathering with other family members.  

Times change.

Honored Contributor

We stay home and try to stay awake long enough to see the ball drop in Times Square.

🥳