Valued Contributor

New Year's Eve - Well DH and I Have BIG Plans!

Hubby and I always stay home on New Year's Eve and I cook seafood.  Lobster tails, scallops and shrimp.

Today DH said to me, "are you planning on cooking tomorrow night?"

Me, "no, we still have too many Christmas leftovers, and I just don't feel like a big feast this year."

DH:  "Good, because I was thinking, I know you really want to go see Clint Eastwood's, The Mule, so how about we do that and go to dinner afterwards?"

Me: "sounds good!"  Looked it up and we can go at 4:00 p.m. for $4.99 each.  Can't beat that!

DH: "Okay, where do you want to go to dinner.  Name it, anywhere you want!"

Me: "Chick-Fil-A, we haven't been there for ages.  We can have dinner at 6:00 right after the movie, be home by 7:00 and watch TV for awhile, fall asleep on the couch for a couple of hours and maybe we can wake up in time to watch the ball drop!"

DH: "sounds like a plan!  Great!"

LOL - man, we're old.  The little things that make us happy.  Since I won't be around tomorrow night due to our big night out, I wish you all the very happiest New Year.  May it be happy, prosperous and above all bring you all good health and peace of heart!  My very best wishes, LuLu

Honored Contributor

Re: New Year's Eve - Well DH and I Have BIG Plans!

this is how i am spending new years eve and day......with my daughter who is home from school......just the two of us......

new years.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2

I think your NYE plans sound perfect.  I'll have a quiet evening at home with my 2 furry friends (dog and cat) probably watching a movie and having a few snacks.  Happy New Year Everyone!    

Honored Contributor

Just DH and I having King crab legs and melted butter and champagne!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I am not sure what we will do. Mass ,for one thing, and later a film,  and dinner ,perhaps. I want to be home ,before the people who are loaded ,are coming home..

Happy New Years everyone ,and enjoy your night out @Its Me LuLuBelle2

Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2, and everyone,

https://www.fg-a.com/new-year/2019-happy-new-year-animation.gif

Valued Contributor

Haven't gone out on NYE for ages. We are closing our office at 2:30 today. My pajamas are already calling me. It is supposed to be sub zero wind chill tonight and maybe 5 degrees above zero tomorrow. Stayiing in where it's warm with my kitty

cookin

Trusted Contributor

Hubby always steams lobster for dinner.  He was puzzling about what else to have with them.  I said between the lobster and butter (and yes, you must have butter with lobster), don't really need anything else.  He said he does.  After that - it's the couch with champagne and flip around the various specials to toast the New Year.  Neither of us will be awake for it but we generally give it a try.

Honored Contributor

We're under a winter weather advisory, expecting 5" of snow. Will not be leaving the house. I have a turkey breast roulade stuffed with apples and cranberries that I will be putting in the oven. 

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Just DH and I having King crab legs and melted butter and champagne!

Same for us, minus the champagne.