Esteemed Contributor

Re: New! Tampax Menstrual Cup

[ Edited ]

@this is my nic wrote:

@RainCityWoman

There is a pill on the market, birth control, that eliminates menstruation.  Wow!

Not sure why you're tellling me this, but the original birth control pill would do the same thing if you just keep taking it continually.

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@this is my nic wrote:

@RainCityWoman

There is a pill on the market, birth control, that eliminates menstruation.  Wow!

Not sure why you're tellling me this, but the original birth control pill would do the same thing if you just keep taking it continually.

not necessarily......it COULD happen, but results vary. i was on the pill for a long time and it never totally stopped my cycle......it did usually make the flow less and the time less.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Zernia Rose wrote:

Yes.  Some might remember the book, "Our Body, Ourselves" published by the Boston Women's Health Collective in the early 1970s.

@Zernia Rose

That book was "DA BOMB!!!" This was my "go to bible" once my daughter started asking questions at an early age.  I saved every updated issue which my daughter took to her sex education classes at school.  Teacher(s) were "sugar coating"<--- daughter's quote. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

That looks like a huge mess. Glad I don't have to worry about that anymore. I started out with the pads & strap thingy. Yuck!!! Found out about tampons pretty quick & that's what I always used. If I had to use them today I would definitely buy organic.

Esteemed Contributor

I had an ablation a couple of years ago so I don't get my periods anymore but I would probably try it.

Just the description of it sounds pretty awful to be honest. It sounds like it would be a real mess to put in and take out. I really do try to be environmentally conscious but I am not like a super granola"y" type of environmentalist type and that sounded just too messy.

My daughter is the one who told me about these. She is the absolute last person I ever thought would use these. She totally hates her period and ever since she got it, she has the worst cycle. Terrible cramps and super heavy. I, on the other hand never got cramps until I hit my 40's and had the lightest and easiest period. She really loves these and all of her friends do too. I can't tell you how surprised I am because she nor her friends are the types "in my mind" who would get these. 

I don't know, it just surprised me how much she likes these. That alone would make me curious enough to try it if I still had mine. I don't know which brand she uses but I need to ask her.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@pateacher, I'm glad to be past those times as well, but I was thankful that I didn't have to rely on what pioneer women probably had to do. Didn't bother me a bit that I had to pay for a the tampax product that made life easier for me!

Honored Contributor

I heard that they used corncobs. 

Respected Contributor

How would something like this work ? I have never heard of them.

Respected Contributor

My issue would be the sanity of reusing them. I used the originals and they are a lot messier than a tampon. 

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I use something called Softdiisc.  It's a kind of menstrual cup, but yes...softer and more flexible.  I didn't like the cups when they came out, so I stuck to the tampons. But a fr of mind talked me in to tyring this.  I have no trouble using it.  There re several brand names out.