Trusted Contributor

Re: New TV Series - ""Resurrection""

There are only two more episodes left in the season and ABC has released the official description of Resurrection episode 8 “Torn Apart”. The finale is slated to air on Sunday, May 4.

ARCADIA IS OVERCOME BY BOTH PHYSICAL AND UNNATURAL FORCES –

• The town of Arcadia is in a state of chaos when the return of the deceased reaches a critical mass.
  • Bellamy has no other choice than to ask for outside aid which backfires when Sheriff Fred steps in with his own agenda, triggering a siege on the town that no one saw coming.
Trusted Contributor

On another website's message board, this was someone's theory (it's as plausible as anthing else)!

Theory: "My theory is kind of 4400 style where either someone in present time or in the future is cloning people or taking people and placing them in the present either as an experiment or to change some sort of events."

Trusted Contributor

NITESTAR - I did notice that identifying wee, pink scar on Jacob's arm. . . My thinking was, whatever cloned him did a VERY thorough job!

I was watching/enjoying the 4400, until they snatched it away. Agree: that's as good a theory as any. Kind of a test for humankind, to see what they'd do with a second go at life--and a test for those they return TO. Chances are, it won't end well for either.

Trusted Contributor

Well, I totally thought those guys were going to pitch poor Rachel off the bridge - back into the river. I hope it's one of the bad guys they haul out of the cabin in a body bag, but I get the feeling the sheriff might join the militia when more return - or just to try to control the mob of townsfolk.

I don't blame Tom's wife for being upset and feeling betrayed, but of everyone to confide in....... HELEN? She must have known that the busybody would expose Rachel and her pregnancy - and the congregation would give Tom the boot. I was wondering when the whole "Spawn of Satan" thing would emerge since churches are so typically stereotyped this way on TV.

I think Maggie said it all concerning the NIH guy - "accolades" is what he's after. Probably biting off way more than he can chew, though.

I wouldn't turn Jacob over to him, but they'll need to go somewhere - and SOON!

Trusted Contributor

I agree Q-Anu........to tell Helen of all people!! And I too don't blame Tom's wife for being upset. Since he out and out lied to her about where Rachel was, that shows he was hiding something. Out of all this.........I hope Jacob stays safe..........well, unless he turns evil or something. His parents seem the most vulnerable to be hurt emotionally by all of this is anything happens.

Trusted Contributor

Me, too. I'm worried for Jacob and his parents, and now... Rachel's baby, too. We don't yet know if the returned can die again. Where did Caleb's new body go? Maybe they will hold Rachel hostage during this siege to see "what" she gives birth to. If she doesn't vanish first. Maybe the vanishing is a protection method.

Trusted Contributor

Did it not come on last night or did I miss it!!!

Trusted Contributor

No, it apparently didn't air last night, NiteStar. Maybe in honor of THE Resurrection, though I'm not sure what aired in its place. It is scheduled for next Sunday: "Tom leads the search for Rachel, as her situation becomes increasingly dire. Maggie and Dr. Ward make a series of discoveries."

Trusted Contributor

Anyone else still watching? They're coming out of the woodwork now!

I guess we all knew where Maggie's mom would be. . . I can see her dad, the sheriff spiraling over the edge really quickly now!

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I'm still watching. Frankly I'm glad they've kicked into gear, tho I know there's only the finale to go now. I found the potential cure for leukemia interesting. I'm sure it won't come without a great cost, if at all. And it looks as though Rachel's second body stays put in the morgue, tho she's returned yet again. Likely still pregnant, too.

Glad this is fiction ... Can you imagine the world population explosion?