Trusted Contributor

Re: New TV Series - ""Resurrection""

On 3/27/2014 Q-Anu said:

I am behind on this series and still confused on the characters somewhat, but the lady who showed up at the church is "Rachel". I read on TWOP she will play the ex-gf of the pastor, so she is not the sheriff's wife, as I think Lurky surmised.

Once I download the episodes I've missed, I'll join your discussion here. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Thanks Q-Anu. I was pretty sure I was mistaken about her being sheriff's wife, because in the previews for this Sunday's show, it shows her tell the minister that they could still have a ife together.

Trusted Contributor

Oh, wow! This has the potential to be most intriguing - and a bit explosive too! I can't wait to get all caught up this weekend. I'll be back!

Trusted Contributor

On 3/27/2014 Q-Anu said:

Oh, wow! This has the potential to be most intriguing - and a bit explosive too! I can't wait to get all caught up this weekend. I'll be back!

I actually DVR the show on Sunday night and then watch it on Monday or Tuesday so I can skip the commercials. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I'm liking it because it's not predictable. Sometimes we can consistently figure out the plot line mid show. Plus, it's a Missouri location. I gotta love that!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

On 3/27/2014 Q-Anu said:

I am behind on this series and still confused on the characters somewhat, but the lady who showed up at the church is "Rachel". I read on TWOP she will play the ex-gf of the pastor, so she is not the sheriff's wife, as I think Lurky surmised.

Once I download the episodes I've missed, I'll join your discussion here. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Happy to find you here, Anu! And thank you for setting me straight. I did assume she was the sheriff's wife. Sorry to mislead! And so, another twist and more complexities for the pastor.

Ury, did I hear correctly that this town really exists in MO? I know that the town of Haven (on that SciFi series) isn't really located in Maine.

You're right, there's nothing predictable about this one yet! Smile

Respected Contributor

Ex-wife to the pastor Tom, is who I heard Rachel was/is (?)... Either way, won't his current wife be tickled pink? {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

I guess it's safe to assume that (crazy-eyed) Caleb was never an angel. He and his partner, Dale obviously robbed the armored car and buried the money that Dale spent. Still, seeing as how Caleb DIED and all, I can't understand his outrage at Dale -- who is dead now, too, by hammer, no less... Clearly Caleb, at least, did not come back better for his journey.

What's with the insatiable appetites of those who have returned?

Trusted Contributor

I was wondering about the insatiable appetite thing myself! But isn't Caleb the only one that has this "problem" so far....or maybe I missed something and the little boy does too. Or maybe since the brother is what you would call "unstable" (after all.....he thinks aliens are behind this), maybe he did eat all the food in the refrigerator (he's a big guy) and doesn't want to admit it. Like ury said.......this one so far is unpredictable! Smile

Super Contributor

On 3/27/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:
On 3/27/2014 LurkyLoo said:

I'm watching! Love the cast, and yes.. they are keeping us guessing. I hope not as long as the writers for Lost with no real answers revealed for YEARS. That became like a giant onion- just layers and layers of questions. I'm also hoping it won't end up being aliens- we've just had too many of those shows for my taste. But really, what else could it be? Any ideas?

I hope I don't spoil anything for others, but it's confusing to me. Were any remains actually in the coffin? I saw nothing- not even a skull when the t-shirt tag was clipped.

Yes, the remains of Jacob the little boy were in the coffin. The doctor referred to it later. He was in the same outfit as when he came back even down to his name written on the tag of his shirt. Except that it was faded and the one he came back in looks brand new. The father is having trouble accepting the "new" Jacob because he says there are two of them - the one in the coffin and the one that's with them now.

Could they be clones or aliens? I'm thinking "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". Either way this show is very powerful. Love it!

Respected Contributor

I'd be interested to know if anyone is watching it that has lost a child....

Trusted Contributor

On 3/28/2014 NiteStar said:

I was wondering about the insatiable appetite thing myself! But isn't Caleb the only one that has this "problem" so far....or maybe I missed something and the little boy does too. Or maybe since the brother is what you would call "unstable" (after all.....he thinks aliens are behind this), maybe he did eat all the food in the refrigerator (he's a big guy) and doesn't want to admit it. Like ury said.......this one so far is unpredictable! Smile

NiteStar did you see the scene in the first episode when Jacob's mother was making him another grilled cheese? She opened the trash can to reveal numerous crusts she cut off of all he'd already consumed. Must have been a dozen. She spoke to his hardy appetite in one other scene, too. Might be a clue.