Trusted Contributor

Re: New TV Series - ""Resurrection""

Welcome back, NiteStar - a cruise, how exciting!

I finally saw the finale last night. Weirdest scene ever was Rachel viewing her own remains! I was playing with the idea that this could possibly be some government experiment type thing, but how on earth could she keep replicating as still pregnant? Even with cloning that is a real stretch. I will be so tempted to read the book over the summer while we wait for the series to "return".

Trusted Contributor

I wonder why Caleb is the only one who just vanished into thin air. Or at least the only one so far. Even Rachel seemed shaken when she was looking down at her own body so I'm guessing even they (they being the ""returned"") don't know what is happening or what is going to happen. Except for Caleb..........he seemed to know more were coming. I fact he said more than they could ever imagine were coming.

Trusted Contributor

So many questions yet! We'll get to see where they go, for a bit, though, because I just read the show WAS renewed for a second season! Smile

Trusted Contributor

Resurrection: ABC TV Show Gets Second Season

This show doesn’t need reviving. ABC has renewed their new Resurrection TV series for a second season.

On Resurrection, a small town in Missouri is turned upside down when deceased loved ones start to return. The cast includes Omar Epps, Kurtwood Smith, Frances Fisher, Devin Kelley, Matt Craven, Samaire Armstrong, Mark Hildreth, Sam Hazeldine, and Landon Gimenez.

Following a lot of promotion, this drama debuted to a very strong 3.8 rating with 13.9 million viewers. The ratings have fallen quite a bit in the last few weeks but it’s still generating positive numbers for ABC. The network has had a tough time filling their Sunday night schedule and this is one of only two new ABC dramas that have had any success in the ratings.

Trusted Contributor

Woo-hoo! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Great news!

I'm willing to cut Sheriff Fred some slack at this point. . . He grieved for his wife for how many years? Only to learn she was unfaithful and upon returning, she went straight to her lover. I guess we'll learn more about their former relationship next season. He may have been abusive--most certainly has always been a control freak. His brother hinted at something ugly in his character, too, from childhood. "Dad was right about you."

Though it seemed only moments had passed, Rachel appeared to be much further along in her pregnancy when she returned the second time. Could be some rapid fetal development thing going on. Could not believe Tom took her into the same house with his wife!

I think the cicadas (locusts) are symbolic since they always have represented a kind of rebirth. However, Jacob did specifically ask, "How many are there?" I think he knows MUCH more than he's revealed. Including where Caleb is. I bet he'll be back in plenty of time for the big show down between the living and the returned.

Looking forward to S2 and chatting with you all!

Super Contributor

This series gives me the chills every time I watch it but its sooooooo good and I wouldn't miss it.........