Trusted Contributor

Re: New TV Series - ""Resurrection""

Haven't watched yet either, but sounds like a great epi!

H'mmm... wondering if the baby wasn't Tom's?

And I'm sure Elaine is all kinds of crushed now. Poor deluded girl!

Thanks for the link, Tique! I rarely have time to stray beyond AF, but I will read the thoughts there after watching.

Honored Contributor

On 4/7/2014 Rowan72 said:

Thanks for the link, Tique! I rarely have time to stray beyond AF, but I will read the thoughts there after watching.

Rowan, I hope you're not abandoning this thread. Since this is the first one I found, it's the one I'm posting on.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Trusted Contributor

On 4/7/2014 Tique said:
On 4/7/2014 Rowan72 said:

Rowan, I hope you're not abandoning this thread. Since this is the first one I found, it's the one I'm posting on.

No, I wouldn't do that, Tique! NiteStar has been a great thread host - I like this thread and it's so convenient for me here in AF. The other one may not allow spoilers either... I will just pop over and read the thoughts there from time to time.

Shows what I know about these boards. I didn't even realize we have an Entertainment forum! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I went to the other thread that tique gave us the link for (thanks tique!). But it appears that about 50% of the posters on that thread had negative things to say about the show. So I'm just going to stick with this thread! It is now 3:34 p.m. (CST) and I get off work at 4:00. Can't wait to get home and watch last night's episode!!

Trusted Contributor

Who can really tell, but it appears that Rachel took her life without realizing she was pregnant---and now doesn't want Tom to know, out of shame, and possibly doesn't want to burden him further. I think it likely is, or was, Tom's baby.

In the previews (POSSIBLE SPOILERSmiley Happy I saw the dreaded Helen confronting Rachel, saying, "You don't even know what you are, do you?" As if she does!

So Caleb began to grow weak, or something. . . coughing and gasping, etc. no sooner than Elaine showed him she saw his true colors. Would not forgive him. Then he tried to make good, for once??? By sharing with Agent Bellamy the state of the child he couldn't save from the previous case. Then *poof*. . . Did he fail in his mission and was taken back? Or did he transport elsewhere? Where was Ray? I didn't see him in this episode.

Trusted Contributor

I watched Sunday's episode as soon as I walked in the door from work last night! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Like DeLaney.....I can't figure out what happened to Caleb. He was so coc*ky earlier when talking to Bellamy and the sheriff, And like she said, right before he disappeared, he seemed like he was choking and as soon as Bellamy turned to get water and turned back around (just a split second)......Caleb had disappeared. Now how are they going to explain THAT to the Feds! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} I wonder if he will reappear somewhere else or is gone for good, or if he even knew he would disappear. This show really is getting interesting. And yes......it does appear that nosey body Helen finds out about Rachel and maybe some of the others too.

I have no doubt it is Tom's baby since she would have had to be pregnant when she died. But of couse that brings up another question...........will the baby be born? And if so, will it be "normal".

Now that the doctor has called the National Health Institute for help, I can't help but think the cat is going to be out of the bag. Even though she was cryptic in her phone message to him, and said it must be kept confidential, but I don't think he will keep it quiet once he finds out what is happening.

Soooo many questions unanswered so far! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Trusted Contributor

A co-worker and I were discussing the show at lunch today. There were only 8 episodes filmed for season one and this past Sunday was #5. So I'm assuming there are only 3 episodes left before we either go into reruns or the show is over until next season. Anyway.........what we were discussing is how horrible it would be if ABC decided to cancel the show because of bad ratings or whatever, and we NEVER find out any answers!!! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Respected Contributor

It's the chance we take these days with the "prime" networks, isn't it, NiteStar? They won't invest in many episodes per season until they see how it goes. I'd feel more confident if AMC or another cable channel had picked this up. I wonder how it's doing in the ratings?? I know several people who refuse to watch due to the title "Resurrection". I know that "The Returned" and so many other titles were already taken, but Resurrection doesn't seem appropriate, even technically, anyway since the former bodies did not rise. Should have called it something else, imo.

Did anyone else think that Caleb was re-experiencing the heart attack that killed him the first time prior to vanishing? Interesting choice to show it through the *water* bubbles...

I hope Jacob's dad didn't destroy the memory book. That scene was heart-wrenching! So is the thought that this... whatever it is, is probably temporary, and they will have to lose "their" child yet again.

Maggie couldn't deal with this strangeness any longer -- especially with a potential baby on the way from Rachel... But yep, with her bringing in the NHI, the cat's out of the bag now! Bellamy's (opening sequence) nightmare is about to come true...

Trusted Contributor

WaJa, I don't know the ratings numbers, but saw this:

While "Once Upon a Time" was up week-to-week for ABC, the network witnessed continued declines for "Resurrection," plus another drop for "Revenge."

"The Walking Dead" is on hiatus, but AMC's "Turn" series now competes with this one, too. They could have picked a better time slot, as well as title for this series, I think. I am still interested, especially since Caleb vanished. And duh me, of course! He must have been having the heart attack again. At first I thought he was faking out Bellamy to get him to turn around so he could pull something off with the money. That didn't vanish, too, did it?

There was the British mini-series: "In The Flesh" which was similar to this in some ways, but better done, I think. Zombies were returned to their families with "partially deceased syndrome" ...

I'm not yet sure that the baby was Tom's since if not, that would better explain why Rachel felt she wasn't good enough for him. Since he's so much more invested in Rachel, than his marriage right now ... why hasn't he at least asked her why she drove off the bridge, and how she came back?

3 more episodes to convince us this is worth waiting for its "return". Hope they can pull it off. Has potential. Especially Jacob's storyline.

Trusted Contributor

Only 3 more episodes? {#emotions_dlg.scared} I hope the ratings go up and we get a second season at least. I'm sure the mystery of the returned won't be revealed so quickly. I'm still perplexed as to what that is.. I don't know, therefore aliens! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

From reading the description of next week's episode, it seems that whomever the doctor called must be someone she knows well from the past. That person may not spill the beans right away, but that must happen eventually. Don't know how Bellamy will protect Jacob then. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

I anxiously await Tom's wife confronting Rachel! And Selah, Tom DID ask those questions when he found her under the tree.. The answers just didn't add up to much sense. There had to be SOMETHING more than just some feelings of inadequacy. Maybe it's connected with that river! It pulled her in somehow.. I wonder if the aliens Ray spoke of (if it really happened) crashed in the river?

I hope Caleb is gone for good. His excuses to Elaine made me sick.. Since she returned the money, I hope they give her her job back.