Trusted Contributor

Re: New TV Series - ""Resurrection""

On 4/3/2014 NiteStar said:
On 4/3/2014 Hildegarde Withers said:

Wonder if they plan on having "Jacob's" dad (Henry) die & then, at some point, coming back to life.

Ohhhhhh....now THAT would be an interesting plot twist!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

{#emotions_dlg.scared} Poor Lucille! The two of them would eat her out of house and home! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

When Rachel somehow got past resident bloodhound, Helen and disappeared....... I thought maybe she'd killed herself again. If these returnees die a second time, I wonder if they'll return again........ and how long would it take?

Tom's wife did not seem so flat or self-absorbed previous to this episode. We're being sold on Rachel as the better choice for Tom now. Wouldn't surprise me if the wife is among the first to die......... and eventually return, too.

Was the guy that came to the police station (Doug's cousin, I think) one of those hunters in the woods that surprised Maggie and Bellamy? Anyway, when word gets out about the living dead, they'll be the first, I bet, to react violently........ and so, create themselves more returned enemies.

Trusted Contributor

All excellent points and questions Q-Anu!!!

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone, just noticed this thread about the show. I have been enjoying it very much, and recently read the book as well. Without giving too much away, the book only features Jacob and his family; all the other sub-plots that are on tv, are not in the book. The book is good at the beginning and the end, but drags a bit in the middle. I think the tv show is much better than the book, frankly.
Trusted Contributor

Hello, Dawg lover and thank you for your insights into the book. I located it on Amazon- used copies go for about $10. But after reading your and DeLaney's posts.. I think I'll just stick with the TV series for now. Glad you are enjoying it too!

Anu, it hasn't yet been established if the returnees CAN die, let alone return again. With fiction anything is possible!

Trusted Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.scared} Had not thought of the immortal undead scenario yet, Lurky!

I don't want to read the book..... A few juicy spoilers are fine, but I wouldn't be able to resist peeking at the ending. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Didn't realize there were two "Resurrection" threads.

Last night's episode answered a few questions and raised more. Tom is playing with fire. When his wife asked him flat out where was Rachel. His reply was that she had gone to Tennessee to see her family. Meanwhile he seems to be spending as much time with Rachel as he can. After Rachel told him that she hadn't been feeling well since her return, Tom takes her to see Maggie. Maggie tells Rachel that she's pregnant which means she was pregnant when she killed herself. That's probably at least part of the reason she did. Interesting that Rachel told Maggie she didn't want Tom to know about the baby.

The police searched Elaine's house but they didn't find the missing bags of cash. Elaine did. She returned it after telling Bellamy that she didn't want it. She also loss her job because the bank manager let her go. Poor Elaine.

I'll wait for others to comment on the rest.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Trusted Contributor

I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but it sounds like it's a good one! Can't wait to get home after work and watch it. Smile

Trusted Contributor

Tique.....where is the other thread?

Trusted Contributor

The other thread is in the Entertainment section. Great show last night!
Honored Contributor

On 4/7/2014 NiteStar said:

Tique.....where is the other thread?

It's here.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.