Trusted Contributor

Re: New TV Series - ""Resurrection""

On 3/31/2014 DeLaney said:

Yes, Epicurean. . . it did air on ABC last night. I have not had time to watch it yet. Plan to tonight since I'm now all caught up on previous episodes. Will check back here later. Thanks. Darn I missed it, maybe I can watch it on demand as I forgot all about itSmiley Sad "http://community.qvc.com/DesktopModules/ExactTarget/Controls/TextEditor/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/em... alt="{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}"/>

Trusted Contributor

Could be, Epicurean. I don't have On Demand, but I see on my regular cable program guide that this episode (Us Against The World) will be available through 4/2 1:00 a.m. on the various ABC channels. I hope you can still catch it!

Trusted Contributor

Yes, Epicurean---should be available On Demand.

LurkyLoo, Caleb was obviously referencing the many more returnees to come, and they seem to be connected. Such as Jacob knowing where Caleb was. I suppose he will sit in jail awaiting backup, but I half expected him to display super powers---or vanish in a mist.

Helen bugs the krap outa me! What possible business was it of hers if Pastor Tom went into the basement?

Rachel said she chose to end it in the (same?) river because she kept feeling like a disappointment. . . Made no sense whatsoever. YET, Tom is ready to dive right back in! {#emotions_dlg.blink}

I suspect the foreshadowing of a coronary for Jacob's dad.

Trusted Contributor

I watched Sunday's episode last night. It seems that Caleb is the only one who knows more returnees are coming; or at least he's the only one to voice it. And Caleb said it in a way that made me think a lot of the returnees coming are evil.

I was surprised to learn that Rachel had committed suicide, and I agree with DeLaney....Tom acts like he want to start a relationship with her which will of course ruin his marriage. Rachel said she couldn't live up to what Tom expected of her, but didn' go into detail, so don't know why she felt like she fell short of that. Also agree that it was none of Helen's business what Tom was going to the basement for......she bugs the krap out of me too!

I hope Jacob's mom and dad can mend their "tiff" and that she will realize he wasn't accusing her of forgetting about their son too soon after his death.

This show just gets more and more intriguing!

Honored Contributor

Caleb was a jerk when he was alive the first time and seems to be even more of one now. He went to Elaine's office and checked her files to find out the schedule of the money trucks which is the same thing he did during the first bank robbery. When Elaine was asked if her dad had an opportunity to access her computer, she lied but she did remember that she had walked in on him at her computer. He used the ruse that he had brought her a sandwich for lunch.

I didn't get any warm fuzzies from Tom's wife but I'm not so sure that he will start something with Rachel even though he may think about it. Very interesting that Rachel didn't plan her suidice but just went with her feelings at the time. So far we haven't seen any indication of her being hungry all the time. Maybe it's coming.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 3/31/2014 Q-Anu said:

Welcome to the discussion, Tique! The more, the merrier!

I had to resort to reading some recaps of a couple of episodes... but I have last night's waiting on me. Can't wait to watch tonight after dinner!

We'll likely all descend on your thread at once, NiteStar. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Thanks Q-Anu.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Trusted Contributor

I was inspired by this thread to watch this episode and it wasn't hard to follow the plot, though I'm late to the series. The only confusing moment for me was during the robbery of the bank truck. I thought the new robbery was still part of the flashbacks of the old one. Then I couldn't believe the police didn't search the property for Caleb just because Ray said he was gone. I guess I watch too many crime shows! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

So I was thinking the writers must be going for what these returnees will do with their second chance at life, until Caleb implied something much more sinister on the horizon.

Helen is just there as an antagonist, I guess! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Some of the most cringe-worthy, BAD acting I've ever seen comes courtesy of the one playing Elaine.

I feel so sorry for Jacob and his parents. Their storyline interests me most - maybe because those actors are doing the best performing, imo.

I bet it will be a loooong time before we learn what is the source of the dead returning and why at this particular time despite dying years apart, in some cases. That is the hook to keep us watching. Wink

Trusted Contributor

On 4/1/2014 agnesann said:

I was inspired by this thread to watch this episode and it wasn't hard to follow the plot, though I'm late to the series. The only confusing moment for me was during the robbery of the bank truck. I thought the new robbery was still part of the flashbacks of the old one. Then I couldn't believe the police didn't search the property for Caleb just because Ray said he was gone. I guess I watch too many crime shows! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

So I was thinking the writers must be going for what these returnees will do with their second chance at life, until Caleb implied something much more sinister on the horizon.

Helen is just there as an antagonist, I guess! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Some of the most cringe-worthy, BAD acting I've ever seen comes courtesy of the one playing Elaine.

I feel so sorry for Jacob and his parents. Their storyline interests me most - maybe because those actors are doing the best performing, imo.

I bet it will be a loooong time before we learn what is the source of the dead returning and why at this particular time despite dying years apart, in some cases. That is the hook to keep us watching. Wink

I also feel sorry for Jacob and his parents......Jacob seems just as confused as his parents are, as to why he is there.

I agree it will be a looong time before we learn the source of the dead returning since I assume they want this TV series to last more than one season. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I just hope it doesn't go the way of the series "Lost". I lost (no pun intended) interest in that show after the first season.

Trusted Contributor

I feel sorry for Jacob's family, too, and they do seem to be focusing on his dad's health limitations. Worried about that actor's longevity in the series.

The whole Rachel thing was rather absurd. "I killed myself impulsively to get out of marrying you, now I'm back 12 years later ... let's run off together"? Hope they build on it in a not so Lifetime Movie Channel way.

I knew this series was based on a book, so searched and found the below article that fans may enjoy. I don't see any real spoilers within. I wonder how closely the series follows the book. Anyone here read it?

Jason Mott, whose book, "The Returned" became the ABC series "Resurrection," has another one ready to be published, about mysterious healing.

THE PREVAILING narrative about Jason Mott is that he's an overnight success. Mott's debut novel, "The Returned" - about people who mysteriously return from the dead and the reaction to their reappearance - was adapted into the hit ABC TV series "Resurrection."

But that story doesn't include the five manuscripts Mott shopped around before "The Returned" hit it big, or Mott's tenure as a Verizon customer-service rep after graduating from the creative-writing program at the University of North Carolina, which allowed him to work days and write at night.

While Mott's work is firmly based in the magical-realism genre, he deals with issues like the dead returning to Earth or a girl who can mysteriously heal the wounded (as in his next book, "The Wonder of All Things", due out in October), through the lens of the family unit, especially through the parent-child relationship, even though Mott doesn't have any children himself.

Excerpts from an article on Philly.com

Trusted Contributor

Interesting SelahG! I didn't know the series was based on a book.