Trusted Contributor

New TV Series - "Resurrection"

Anyone watching this new show on ABC Sunday nights? I'm loving it so far!

Super Contributor

Re: New TV Series - ""Resurrection""

Me too although I thought last week's episode dragged a bit. Nothing much happened.

Respected Contributor

Liking it, too.

Will be interested when/if they get around to actually solving the mystery. So far, they are just adding on additional mystery each week.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

I'm watching! Love the cast, and yes.. they are keeping us guessing. I hope not as long as the writers for Lost with no real answers revealed for YEARS. That became like a giant onion- just layers and layers of questions. I'm also hoping it won't end up being aliens- we've just had too many of those shows for my taste. But really, what else could it be? Any ideas?

I hope I don't spoil anything for others, but it's confusing to me. Were any remains actually in the coffin? I saw nothing- not even a skull when the t-shirt tag was clipped.

I really thought the sherif was going to do something crazy in the diner- he seems right on the edge!

Thank you for the thread, NiteStar! It's fun to discuss what we're watching besides QVC for a change. Smile

Super Contributor

On 3/27/2014 LurkyLoo said:

I'm watching! Love the cast, and yes.. they are keeping us guessing. I hope not as long as the writers for Lost with no real answers revealed for YEARS. That became like a giant onion- just layers and layers of questions. I'm also hoping it won't end up being aliens- we've just had too many of those shows for my taste. But really, what else could it be? Any ideas?

I hope I don't spoil anything for others, but it's confusing to me. Were any remains actually in the coffin? I saw nothing- not even a skull when the t-shirt tag was clipped.

Yes, the remains of Jacob the little boy were in the coffin. The doctor referred to it later. He was in the same outfit as when he came back even down to his name written on the tag of his shirt. Except that it was faded and the one he came back in looks brand new. The father is having trouble accepting the "new" Jacob because he says there are two of them - the one in the coffin and the one that's with them now.

Trusted Contributor

LurkyLoo..........I was thinking maybe the sheriff suspected who his wife was having an affair with and knew that the guy was in the bar and that's why he said that stuff. But who knows! LOL

I never watched the show "Lost", but have heard a couple people here at work say they hope this show isn't like that.

I keep thinking the premise of this show would be better suited to a movie, so they could have two hours to develop and wrap up the storyline! I can't imagine how they are going to drag this out for a whole TV season. And it's probably not like it will be just one season either! Most TV shows are developed hoping they will be a hit and picked up for many seasons!

Trusted Contributor

NiteStar, yes... After the sheriff oddly laid it on the line to the poor waitress- they showed us the guilty party at the end of the counter! Just wait until they both find out who has now shown up at the church! {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

And I feel so badly for the reverend.. Hope they don't dismiss him. My goodness, I don't know what they are expecting of him.

The clues may go on for some time. The worst thing would be, if I become invested in the story and characters- then they cancel the series! I hope it does well and look forward to at least some small reveals soon. You are right, it would have made a good movie- or mini-series!

I'll keep my eye on this thread. Enjoy your day!Smile

Trusted Contributor

On 3/27/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:
On 3/27/2014 LurkyLoo said:

Yes, the remains of Jacob the little boy were in the coffin. The doctor referred to it later. He was in the same outfit as when he came back even down to his name written on the tag of his shirt. Except that it was faded and the one he came back in looks brand new. The father is having trouble accepting the "new" Jacob because he says there are two of them - the one in the coffin and the one that's with them now.

Thank you, BlueCollarBabe! I wasn't sure if they were telling Jacob's father the truth, or lying to spare him. I guess they spared us seeing the skull- which is fine by me, as long as I have the story straight.

Jacob's poor father feels so torn.. As though he's betraying his real son, by letting this new one into his heart. Looks as though it's going to come between he and his wife, too. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Trusted Contributor

Maybe I'm getting some of the characters mixed up....but.....the girl who showed up at the church at the end of Sunday's episode..........is she the sheriff's wife (the one who died in the river), or was she related to the minister? Gues I'm confused! LOL

Trusted Contributor

I am behind on this series and still confused on the characters somewhat, but the lady who showed up at the church is "Rachel". I read on TWOP she will play the ex-gf of the pastor, so she is not the sheriff's wife, as I think Lurky surmised.

Once I download the episodes I've missed, I'll join your discussion here. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}