Respected Contributor

Re: New Signs at most stores (re: pets)

Great news!  These "emotional support" animals has gone way too far.  You can order the paperwork online just so you can carry your dog to the grocery store etc.  Pets need to stay home.

Regular Contributor

In Europe dogs go everywhere.  Saw one on an escalator in a department store. Doesn’t seem to be any problems as they are well behaved.

Honored Contributor

Just saw another PET (definitely NOT a service animal) in the grocery store the other day...pity the customer that puts their food in the cart the dog sat in.....Can't use the excuse it was too hot to leave the dog in the car...it was 49 degrees......Cat Frustrated  I love pets but please leave pets at home Im sure they aren't into shopping!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Dogs in stores is just not something that concerns me.

I've never seen one misbehave. I'm sure it happens now and then and people jump at the chance to tell of it. Just not something I've ever seen.

I don't think twice about a dog in a basket at the grocery store. Babies sit in those things with dirty diapers. I just use the wipes provided. 

There is a lot in the world that distresses me. This isn't one of them.

Honored Contributor

I'm not likely to see any signs like that in my town; everyone has dogs here and people like spending quality time with their dogs.  A business that did not allow dogs would not have many customers.  I like dogs and honestly, I can't ever recall an icidence of irresponsibility when I'm out and about in town.  I don't have a dog myself but dogs are in grocery stores, drug stores, bakeries with their owners.  So, it might not be against any health laws hear or no cares.    I've never seen a dog in a hair salon, spa or beauty salon.  There is high end butcher shop in town, we only go in there when hubby wants some special steaks but I've seen the owner  toss little cubes of meat (he asks the owner for permission first) when someone with a dog comes in.  I think it's to keep the dogs busy while the owners discuss what they want how they want their meat cut since it's all special orders.    

Honored Contributor

@Drlinda wrote:

In Europe dogs go everywhere.  Saw one on an escalator in a department store. Doesn’t seem to be any problems as they are well behaved.

I was in Bloomingdales where a pup had an accident and also threw up. I felt sorry for the person who was cleaning it up. 

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

A properly trained and certified emotional support dog is considered a service dog and there are many of those!  They would have the qualifying vest and paperwork carried in the vest!

That might be true in some localities but definitely not all and many places have cut out "emotional support" animals altogether.  Good grief, the vests and paperwork could be purchased online like a pair of shoes...LOL

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Drlinda wrote:

I was in Bloomingdales where a pup had an accident and also threw up. I felt sorry for the person who was cleaning it up. 

How is that diferent than if a paying customer vomited?  Stuff happens and people get paid to clean it up.

Respected Contributor

Dogs do not belong in a store, especially a grocery store riding in the full section of the cart where other shoppers will place their food!    This happens daily here...

It started with pets allowed in Petco and then teacup dogs who fit in a purse and now its a free for all. None of them service animals.  Women bring their big dogs in the store to shop for clothes.  Some of these dogs drool all over and two recently had accidents. One left a pile in the dressing room!   It is not cute. It shows no consideration for store owners, employees and shoppers.  No one wants to confront these dog owners.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Drlinda wrote:

How is that diferent than if a paying customer vomited?  Stuff happens and people get paid to clean it up.

Possibly because the dog isn't a paying customer. He or she is the pet of a paying customer... There really is a distinction...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...