Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

New Sandy Hook School Opening

A lovely new Sandy Hook school is scheduled to open in just a few weeks.  It is a very modern design, filled with many features to delight students and teachers alike.  State-of-the-art security measures, as well.  After the incident, students there were bussed to another school.  And so many people stood along the bus route to cheer them on.  Everyone agreed the old school should be torn down and a new school built.  What a wonderful piece of news this is!  A new beginning for all.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Sandy Hook School Opening

@PamfromCT wrote:

A lovely new Sandy Hook school is scheduled to open in just a few weeks.  It is a very modern design, filled with many features to delight students and teachers alike.  State-of-the-art security measures, as well.  After the incident, students there were bussed to another school.  And so many people stood along the bus route to cheer them on.  Everyone agreed the old school should be torn down and a new school built.  What a wonderful piece of news this is!  A new beginning for all.

Absolutely wonderful.  I'm sure it will serve the community well.  They most certainly deserve it.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

I dont know why but this thread made me cry. God bless the memories of those beautiful souls.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

Heart love to the families 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT I travel often on Interstate 84 in Conneticut and always find myself (when I see the signs for Newtown) blowing a kiss and saying a little prayer for the victims.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

Teach your children well, Sandy Hook. <3
Esteemed Contributor

Just a little while ago I started a thread of the Stevie Wonder song , "As" which was partially quoted by the Dallas Police Chief  at the Memorial service for the five murdered officers.  I think the words apply to this tragedy as well. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

it's wonderful they have a new state of the arts school............but............I hope they kept something of the old school also.............it's never good to totally erase the past.....when we do......we erase the lessons we could have learned also.....................................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Esteemed Contributor

Hello @raven-blackbird, Thank you for your thoughtful post.  No, nothing of the original school remains.  I agree with that decision, as we all have to factor the feelings of fear in all the children who survived in this school.  No one will ever forget this incident, I can tell you.

Thanks to all who hearted and posted.  It is very much appreciated.  There were playgrounds erected in various towns, each playground built in memory of a specific child.

Please never forget those brave women who, each and everyone, sacrificed their lives trying to protect these children.  They were true heroes and should always be remembered.

Esteemed Contributor

There are photos online of this beautiful new school.