Trusted Contributor

@January121 Please read what I said before you blast me.  I said,, "I would hope", in no way does that imply I think she didn't!  Now who is coming off critical?  Maybe your eyes are still a tad blurry this morning.

Honored Contributor

Re: New QVC Hosts

[ Edited ]

I've seen MBR on a few times with a couple of the new hosts.  Most recently she was on with Alex yesterday. And everytime MBR introduces a new host she talks about the Beauty IQ and QVC2 channels making it seem as if they may be having more live programming on those channels and therefore needed more hosts. 

It's my understanding one of the newly hired hosts is very pregant and will be out on maternity leave shortly. 

Regular Contributor

@kjae wrote:

They have 3 stations going now so they need more hosts.

2 have left recently and a few others seem not to be putting in the "on air" hours they used to-but  there is so much they do off air that we do not know about.  I think they just had to add some reinforcements smf everyone is remainng.

Who besides Jacqui Gonzalez left?  I know Shawn is on maternity leave.

Trusted Contributor

Albany left is the 2nd if I am correct.

Respected Contributor

Makes you wonder what will become of all these hosts when QVC and HSN merge. Will they actually merge into one network...or will they stay two different networks? I remember when QVC bought CVN years ago. A lot of people lost their jobs because they just became one network and did not need all the hosts.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Trusted Contributor

Well MBR mentioned today that she will be attending her 40th HS reunion, so she must be about 57.  Leah mentioned last night that she was 57.  So they may be leaving in 8 years or less, and it seems to take quite a while for the new hosts to become accomplished.  Maybe they are getting ready for retirements, in addition to needing people for the new channels.

I think it will be very hard to replace those 2.  

Trusted Contributor

I don't know the names of the last group of new hosts.  I don't about this newest group.  Alberti is an excellent host and he is in exile over on the beauty channel - I know he has said he loves this, but he is a superb talent and is wasted over there IMO.  He is QVC's Bill Green.  Albany is gone.  Jacque is gone.  I rarely if ever watch anymore.  Just shop online. 

Honored Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

I don't know the names of the last group of new hosts.  I don't about this newest group.  Alberti is an excellent host and he is in exile over on the beauty channel - I know he has said he loves this, but he is a superb talent and is wasted over there IMO.  He is QVC's Bill Green.  Albany is gone.  Jacque is gone.  I rarely if ever watch anymore.  Just shop online. 

@sashamatthews, Alberti is supposed to be coming back off Beauty IQ but I cannot remember when.   

Super Contributor

Amen, Lila.

Super Contributor

Between the same ol merch, and the new hosts, it's becoming increasingly easy for me not to shop QVC. I like my old hosts, I liked the merchandise about 10 yrs ago...I must be getting old Smiley Happy Oh well, older and saving more and more money!