Honored Contributor

Re: New Photo Of Baby Archie

Such an adorable, beautiful photo.

Thank you for posting this, @Greeneyedlady21 ! 

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't be surprised if Archie is kept under wraps for  a while. It might be this is how they will  with him be as long as they can

He didn't get a title. Harry  has never seemed to me he was  very keen on being a royal to begin with

It might stem from his mothers death. He was very young when it happened, and  he might not want that type of attention for Archie

It is different for William and Kate. They are in direct line for the throne ,and their eldest Prince George, is heir apparent, or presumptive, I am not sure which is  the proper  definition

Honored Contributor

You make a lot of sense, cherry.  Thank you for helping me understand the motivation better.

I ate a square of dark chocolate and am amenable to sensible explanations.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76  I am just guessing and I might be completely wrong..but I wouldn't be surprised if we  only get a glimpse now and then of him, until he is old enough to have to be in formal group settings and events that require a family presence

But I will say, this may have the opposite effect, with the paps all trying to get the first shot of him...it could have a boomerang effect. I hope not

Honored Contributor

A beautiful, tasteful photo of a baby blessed with 2 wonderful parents. No surprise that they have the class and wisdom not to be in a hurry to show little Archie’s entire face yet....

Honored Contributor

What a sweet photo of little Archie and Harry for Father's Day.   The symbolism of a tiny child clutching a protective father's hand is a universal symbol of the precious parental bond.

Super Contributor

The public isn't owed a picture of Archie.  I would never want pictures of my children published on social media, much less world wide.  I admire them for not giving him a title, giving him a chance at a more normal life.

I am sure this is among one of the happiest days of Harry's life.  This is a very sweet picture, and Harry and Meghan were generous to share it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

What a sweet photo of little Archie and Harry for Father's Day.   The symbolism of a tiny child clutching a protective father's hand is a universal symbol of the precious parental bond.

@Oznell ...So beautifully stated! Heart

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

It would be nice if people could leave any negativity out of this topic. He's an innocent baby.

@Greeneyedlady21  - so sad it coouldn't be like that, but some posters just had to give their critical take on it, and bring things out that did not need to be said, with very negative implications. 

I truly feel sorry for Megan and Harry to have to been born into a position and endure being under a critical microscope - nothing they do will be right.  I am glad they appear to be strong people and will do what they think is best.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Why not show a full face and be done with it?

I know, both pictures we have seen of Archie has covered up his face ( and we just saw his feet in one). Why not let us get a good look at this cutie?