Valued Contributor

New Orleans, Louisiana be like

Giovanni Incrivaglia - Realtor - #hot #louisiana #nola #neworleans #popcorn  #humid | Facebook

Reunion in New Orleans.  The humidity......it's like breathing water.  I can't do the south anymore.  Ya'll.

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Honored Contributor

Re: New Orleans, Louisiana be like

[ Edited ]

It took a minute to understand what the picture was - corn popping still on the cob.  That's pretty hot!

Valued Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

It took a minute to understand what the picture was - corn popping still on the cob.  That's pretty hot!

Lol.  Yes, it was ridiculously hot.  But the humidity was the killer.  Of course, we shouldn't have planned to go there in July.  Altho I hear it stays boiling hot till September.

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Honored Contributor

When my father was young it was so hot the corn popped and the mule thought it was snowing and froze to death.

OLD joke.

Honored Contributor

should be about time for their annual hurricane. I wouldn't live there for all the tea in China.

Respected Contributor

@Northray  This is truly hot, extra butter please.  Here in Mississippi we say our cotton patches are the snow of the south!

Valued Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

@Northray  This is truly hot, extra butter please.  Here in Mississippi we say our cotton patches are the snow of the south!

Lol.  I give props to you Southerners. I'm not made for the climate tho.  New Orleans is notorious for its humidity.  But I had no idea.  Literally, I stayed wet the whole time.  Looked up to the sky one day and I saw what looked like suspended water droplets.  I was like, whaaattt?

-Rumi
Honored Contributor

Galveston I remember as being a horror where the submarine is.

all the women had their hair cut short, real short

Valued Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Galveston I remember as being a horror where the submarine is.

all the women had their hair cut short, real short

At least there's a beach.  That's gotta help some.  Hopefully. 

I looked like cr*p the whole time I was in NOLA.  I should have trimmed my thinning hair.  It was a sticky, stringy mess, makeup never stayed on even with makeup setting spray from MAC.  Never sweat under my arms but you'd a thought I'd worked out in the gym.  Which I totally don't, lol.  

-Rumi
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

should be about time for their annual hurricane. I wouldn't live there for all the tea in China.

@SharkE I have spent a lot of time there and in other parts of the south, and I'll take it ANY day over the frozen north's long winters and ice, snow and mud!  Woman Very Happy