Honored Contributor

Re: New Oreos in Shop Rite/Mystery Flavor

@juperier I admire your spirit of adventure but I don't understand it.My mom taught me to never mess with a good thing....call the cookie something else if you want to change the recipe.

Respected Contributor

I like the coconut flavored Oreos.  Also like that they now come in thin.  To me a little of the fillling goes a long way.  I usually scrape some off - would sure not like the overstuffed ones!

Honored Contributor

havent tried them, but a friend said it tastes like cheesecake.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I like the thin Oreo's better. The cookie part can't be chocolate (so no original for me).

I really like the thin salted caramel ones.

Valued Contributor

I don’t really like Oreo cookies, but I do Love the white fudge covered Oreos that come out around Christmas!!!  Their just a regular Oreo cookie covered in white fudge. My favorite. 

Esteemed Contributor

I saw these last night at wal mart. Not fond of the idea of buying a mystery flavored cookie, even if it is Oreo. I have enough daily surprises.

Esteemed Contributor

One of my co-workers brought in a package of mystery flavored Oreos, and I tried one.

I don't know what flavor it is, but whatever the flavor is, it was the nastiest, grossest and most disgusting thing that I have ever tasted.

It was the only time that I spat out an Oreo.

Honored Contributor

@newjersey

The guys on the ESPN Show Mke & Mike insist that it's TANG!  ..............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

Giant (our local grocery store) had a deal, buy two oreos get the Mystery Oreos free.  So I bought two (2/6.00) and got the pack of Mystery Oreo free.  All  I can say is yuck!  I took a bite and didn't eat anymore.  It leaves a weird after-taste in your mouth.  It's fruity but I cannot pinpoint what it actually is.  Almost like Froot-Loops, but not quite.  They're awful.  I cannot see them ever making it as a feature flavor.  I agree that they should stick with the original flavors! 

Respected Contributor

Saw this in the store today and wondered why I'd buy something I had no idea what it is.  My mind went to "mystery meat" which is what we used to call a lot of what was served on school lunches DECADES ago!