Esteemed Contributor

One of the actresses on Days of Our Lives has had talons like that for years.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Current fads never mimic my style; very thankful this one isn’t either!    

Trusted Contributor

Those nails are the ugliest piece of cra* I have ever seen.  Why would you want nails like that!  Beauty trends are getting dumber and dumber.

Trusted Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I have seen young women with the pointy nails, and all I can think is that everything old, is new again,

Pointy nails were popular in the 80's, I think.

@Anonymous032819  How in the world would you use these nails if you worked in an office?  Or just daily chores?  Kourtney K. reached up to scratch her eye the other night and I thought, Oh my Lord, that child is going to put her eye out! Smiley LOL

@Georgiagrama ...Have you seen Khole's nails?  Dangerously long, especially around her little girl.

Sorry, Khloe is one weird person.  Her face looks like a piece of plastic.  Do,they even realize how horrifying they look.  And they did it to,themselves with all that funky surgery they had.  I doubt anyone of those girls has ever changed a diaper. If they do, they must have gotten poop under their nails.

Honored Contributor

The nail files

A visual history of fingernail fashion

https://mashable.com/2016/01/14/fingernail-history/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

7AD33AA5-C16E-4E2B-BAEA-B20A38A36E7E.png

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

I knew I had seen pointy nails in an old movie. I googled and found some "history of nail trends" website ad didn't need to go very far.

Basically, it commented on how Revlon created their first color in the 1930's and, almost immediately, nail art was born.  Actress like Joan Crawford started wearing pointed styles.

Not as long as the OP photo (and the tips are a different color, so not easy to see.). I would say this it's one of those classic trends that come and go through time.  It's just "in" again.

4F189C09-01BC-4D70-B5C2-C184B29DC72F.jpeg

At first glance, I thought this was Twiggy.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I wonder how many people have gone to the emergency room.

Cause?  Wiping one’s front and rear.....

Really!  How in the name of Heaven can you take care of ‘business’with talons like those?

Those points would poke through any toilet paper.  Maybe special toilet paper is sold at the nail salon to prevent a ‘break-thru’.

Then there’s the dirt that would get under those nails.

As far as protection?  Are you kidding?  Ever accidentally ripped off a nail?

@Annabellethecat66   I wondered the same thing. Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL  These girls obviously do very little in life and they must have a bidet. 

Honored Contributor

I've accidentally scratched someone before (shaking hands) with my normal blunt nails. If I made them sharp and pointy I'd wind up getting sued.

And I'd end up at the eye doctor because I scratched my cornea and it would all be my own fault.

If they want Wolverine style weapon claws they'll have to really stiffen their nails as well as sharpen them. Adamantine gel polish must be the next trend coming up.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

UGLY!

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.