Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have a Medicare Advantage Plan and don't have or use the common Medicare Card.  My insurance company issues it's own plastic card.  Not everyone will receive the red, white, and blue card.

Same here and use the insurance card but still received the new Medicare card.

Respected Contributor

I get CONSTANT bogus calls on my cell phone, and I'm on that DO NOT CALL list!  I got a scam call the other day about my account being over due....   OH PLEASE.  I just hung up.   I normally do NOT pick up a number I don't know,  but I was driving and thought it may be my husband.  I don't use a hand held in the car,  just a speaker, and you can't see the number, which is why I answered.  As soon as I heard the first line of BS,  I hung up.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:so I did.

Well, today while in my car on my way to lunch it rings through from my cell phone.  It was an 800 number and she talked like she knew what she was talking about.  She said she didn't have all of the information and bla bla.  Normally I NEVER give out any information.  I'm so paranoid, you have no idea.

But I was in my car and the new looked familiar to one I'd called (Medicare).  

@Annabellethecat66  I sincerely hope you didn't answer that call and talk on your phone while driving.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I wonder if the OP was on her cell while driving?? Hmm...

Of course she was.  If you live in the dc area you’re number one top priority is your next cell phone call.  The area’s motto is me and only me.  

Honored Contributor

Not exclusive to D.C.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have a Medicare Advantage Plan and don't have or use the common Medicare Card.  My insurance company issues it's own plastic card.  Not everyone will receive the red, white, and blue card.

@Kachina624  You have a Medicare Advantage Plan but you still have Medicare.

Yes, you use the plastic Advantage Plan card instead of the Medicare card but you still have Medicare. 

I have both cards and also just use the Advantage Plan card.  Medicare sends out their cards a few months before you turn 65 with the option to decline.

You have to be enrolled in Medicare A & B in order to enroll in a Medicare Advantage Plan.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have a Medicare Advantage Plan and received the new Medicare card.

Same here.

Same with me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I wonder if the OP was on her cell while driving?? Hmm...

Of course she was.  If you live in the dc area you’re number one top priority is your next cell phone call.  The area’s motto is me and only me.  

@Blingqueen023 @Love my grandkids

The newer model cars allow calls to come directly through the bluetooth system in the car so there’s no need to reach for and/or hold a phone. Mine even reads email and text messages to me while I'm driving. I never have to touch my phone. 

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Yes, you use the plastic Advantage Plan card instead of the Medicare card but you still have Medicare. 

I have both cards and also just use the Advantage Plan card.  Medicare sends out their cards a few months before you turn 65 with the option to decline.

You have to be enrolled in Medicare A & B in order to enroll in a Medicare Advantage Plan.

@Cakers3

medicare does not just send out medicare cards a few months before you turn 65. you have to apply for it online or in person at the appropriate time. just wanted to make sure no one reads that like it is an automatic thing......it isnt.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Cakers3

medicare does not just send out medicare cards a few months before you turn 65. you have to apply for it online or in person at the appropriate time. just wanted to make sure no one reads that like it is an automatic thing......it isnt.

@sunshine45 @Cakers3 I'm not sure that last bit is right either.  If you're paying for Medicare B, what's the point of an advantage plan taking you on?  Don't you pay them?  Or does the payment for your B get shuffled off to the advantage plan?

Keepin' it real.