Honored Contributor

Few weeks ago my carrier let me know he was going to be transferred to a new route, though he had requested mine.

I was disappointed hearing the news, he is wonderful and takes care with my packages. He let me know personally spoke with my new carrier, told him iam the best customer on this route. You can imagine how touching this was.

Earlier this afternoon met my new mail carrier. He was so pleasant and ensured my packages would arrive safely. 

Gifted him, homemade bread. He smiled. Made my day!

Respected Contributor

I freak out on weekends when my regular carrier is off and someone else delivers. You never know when they will show up and whose mail you're going to receive.

Valued Contributor

Our mail lady retired in December.  Huge loss.  I actually called the postmaster several times and said that it should be invisible to us who delivers our mail -- but it was not.  I always knew when Sally was off.  We would get other people's mail -- packages would be left in the rain -- packages scheduled for pickup were not picked up.  Our neighborhood really misses her.

Respected Contributor

Our neighborhood had the best mailman.  He even brought treats for the dogs.  We loved him and, unfortunately, he recently retired.

We now have the a mailman who is very similar to Crum Petree, the mailman in "Funny Farm" who drives by the house and throws the mail out of the window and hits the gas pedal.

So sad.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Re: New Mailman

[ Edited ]

I always know when our regular mail carrier is off.

If it's a junk mail only day the sub will not deliver.  If there is first class mail to deliver he refuses to close the lid on the mail box.

I know in the grand schemes of things leaving the lid up is really no big deal but it annoys me to no end especially if it's raining or snowing.

Honored Contributor
You are fortunate. Our post office is a training facility for rookie carriers. We get a new one every few weeks. We never know what time we will get mail...or if we will get any at all. We live on a cul de sac so we have all just learned to put whoever’s mail we get into their box and be done with it. Phone calls don’t work. Packages? Usually just crammed into the mailbox or left on someone’s lawn. Lately, mail is coming around 8 pm...but it is still daylight thank goodness.
Honored Contributor

We used to have an exellent mail carrier....we dreaded it when she was on vacation because the substitutes were awful...Since she's left her Post Office job to join the military we've had 3 different mailpersons....so much mail is misdelivered.....they cram clothing packages into mailboxes instead of taking them to our Condo Mail Center...clothes are badly wrinkled....

I scheduled an item for the free USPS pickup from my front door for a package using a return label...confirmed service available, requested pickup online, received confirmation....He never came to pick it up....After 2 more attempts I filed a complaint...he finally picked up the package....3rd times the charm I guess Woman Frustrated  Never had a problem before using this service...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Having.  New lady carrier great, but the subs. Forget it

Honored Contributor

We ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ our mail lady. We live in a gated home & have a small mailbox (think apartment like) at the end of the street. Technically, she doesn’t have to deliver all my QVC boxes since we live inside the gate, but we gave her the keypad code & she puts everything on our front porch.  We give her gifts ALL the time because she is not obligated to do that.  We ❤️ her!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

We got community mailboxes have to walk a block away so Mr. Mike does not work on Wednesdays Love him so mail may be around 6pm & not much mail Mr. Mike is getting into soon retirement no Mr. Mike don't retire. LOL Our Mail people wear shorts & tops no uniforms anymore. Mr. Mike makes sure we get our mail around 3pm these new ones not that on time.