Super Contributor

Its the one with the cute little boy running out of the house to play....mom says be back by lunch

BUT

He is playing on a swing set that is setps away from a cliff....then flying his kite towards the same cliff...

Who designs these?  

and the boy grown up is then shown driving his dream car....Do you think the guy is attractive?  Not me...like this whole commercial...Scary

Honored Contributor

@ProudMa Someone who is not a parent!

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen this commercial, but I can only imagine...........

Reminds me of the one where the youngster was driving his mini car on the sidewalk, along the side of a real car, and turning into his driveway, just in time, just before potentially hitting his family's real car, as it turned in at the same time. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Lexus commercial

[ Edited ]

Not seen the commercial and perhaps I read too much, but my first thought was that this is a good plot.  Obviously the guy is dead.

Actually it would be a good start to a book.

Super Contributor

wow...what a great thought!!....

if only i had the gift...

Respected Contributor

I saw the 30 second commerical...it's not a big deal, a fuss about nothing.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Not seen the commercial and perhaps I read too much, but my first thought was that this is a good plot.  Obviously the guy is dead.

Actually it would be a good start to a book.

That made me laugh out loud. Tad dark. But not expected at all. Woman Very Happy

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Link to the ad titled "Keep the light alive":  ispot.tv/ad/n_j0/2021-lexus-lc-convertible-keep-the-light-alive-t1

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

Re: New Lexus commercial

[ Edited ]

I have not seen the commercial, but from the description it sounds hilarious.  Sounds like a throw back to the days when kids really did leave the house after breakfast, and not show up until lunch (if then!), but they then took it to satire by giving the kid so much  (real) danger.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@ProudMa wrote:

Its the one with the cute little boy running out of the house to play....mom says be back by lunch

BUT

He is playing on a swing set that is setps away from a cliff....then flying his kite towards the same cliff...

Who designs these?  

and the boy grown up is then shown driving his dream car....Do you think the guy is attractive?  Not me...like this whole commercial...Scary

I watched and it doesn't seem like his swing set is anywhere near a cliff. He's just swinging and daydreaming on a sunny day.