Super Contributor
On 9/1/2014 tigriss said:

SOlution...I said someone would figure it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_ywWywmO7s

Target has the 2.0 for 119.....pretty good deal! Snap up some of those discontinued K-Cups while you are at it.

Right now the special price is $169 at target and it doesn't come with all the extra coffee that q does. Plus if you join Keurig you get savings on the kcups as well as extra points that will save you a lot of money. With my points I have ordered 2 mini keurigs for $50 each.
Esteemed Contributor
On 9/2/2014 debc said:
On 9/2/2014 HonnyBrown said:

The other models still take the original and unlicensed k-cups. I am really interested to see what direction Keurig 2.0 will take the company.

I will buy another K40 before I bought a 2.0

Well I ordered the 2.0. Q had the best deal with the most coffee to go with. One thing people who don't want to waste all the plastic could use vue cups.

We'll see. I think I'll store my Platinum just in case.

Deb, best of luck with the 2.0!!!!

I bought the Platinum in June and I'm getting the dreaded "PRIME" error. I don't think Costco carries it anymore, so I'll have to get a refund and get a K75 (not Platinum) or lower from Target.

I'm not concerned about the freebie k-cups, since they aren't my favorites. I ended up trading most of them.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor
On 9/2/2014 debc said:

The other models still take the original and unlicensed k-cups. I am really interested to see what direction Keurig 2.0 will take the company.

I will buy another K40 before I bought a 2.0

Well I ordered the 2.0. Q had the best deal with the most coffee to go with. One thing people who don't want to waste all the plastic could use vue cups.

We'll see. I think I'll store my Platinum just in case.

Deb, best of luck with the 2.0!!!!

I bought the Platinum in June and I'm getting the dreaded "PRIME" error. I don't think Costco carries it anymore, so I'll have to get a refund and get a K75 (not Platinum) or lower from Target.

I'm not concerned about the freebie k-cups, since they aren't my favorites. I ended up trading most of them.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it. Knocking on wood I've been really lucky with my keurigs. I bought my platinum in 2012 and have never had a problem. I don't really have a problem using the cups, get away from the mess of filling your own. I've been doing it for years with exception of having occasional flavored coffee in the afternoons.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor
On 9/2/2014 ~moxie~ said:

SOlution...I said someone would figure it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_ywWywmO7s

Target has the 2.0 for 119.....pretty good deal! Snap up some of those discontinued K-Cups while you are at it.

Right now the special price is $169 at target and it doesn't come with all the extra coffee that q does. Plus if you join Keurig you get savings on the kcups as well as extra points that will save you a lot of money. With my points I have ordered 2 mini keurigs for $50 each.

LOL, I still had 50 points from my last order years ago. It was still active.

~~
Super Contributor
On 9/2/2014 debc said:

What you are telling me is the price is lower because of your points. That makes your statement about it being 119 misleading LOL
Respected Contributor
On 9/2/2014 debc said:

What you are telling me is the price is lower because of your points. That makes your statement about it being 119 misleading LOL

The points are from the keurig site, nothing to do with the $119 price that tigress is posting about. That one is a model 350.

I ordered the 550 from Q, at $159 it was the best deal I could find.

There are 3 models. The third model is #450

The 350 has a 60 oz tank and a grayscale touch display, it's black $119-$149

The 450 has a 70 oz tank and a color display, it's silver and black $159-$169

the 550 has an 80 oz tank and larger color display it's silver, also $159-$199

I'm sure prices vary, this is just the places I looked.

~~
Super Contributor

The 2.0 is $119 at Wal****

Respected Contributor

Well they had all 3 models at our Walmart tonight. The 500 was $169 with just the standard extra cups. I didn't think that the carafe looked that bad. I think if you put hot water in it first it will stay hot long enough to drink. Except for the holiday flavors they had almost every kind you can buy that will work in the new machines.

They also had about every kind of k-cup brewers there are also. I didn't see a Bunn but every other one I've heard about.

~~
Esteemed Contributor

Kate which model is $119?

I can't see the prices unless I create an account.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Occasional Contributor

I have the Keurig 2.0 550 from the Q. I love this machine. It doesn't just use Green Mountain k-cups. I also have the Platinum Plus and the new 2.0 uses the same cups that I had on hand. I only use those that have Keurig Brewed on the box. I use the My K-cup once a long time and didn't like it was messy. If I want to use regular coffee, I have a Melitta drip cup and carafe and filters which I like better than the My K-cup. The 2.0 550 is an easy machine to use. I like that I can control the amount of hot water to use just by releasing the brew button. It will dispense up to 6 oz. of hot water or you can release the brew button at any time and the water stops, but it will stop at 6 oz. even if you don't release the brew button.