Re: 👍🏿 New Jersey's #77 law revamped 👍🏿

Motorcycles = organ donors

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

the worst roads in my town are....

Route 70 a/k/a as Death Row

Route 73

All circles (how you can manuver a circle while on the phone is beyond me!) Smiley Surprised

If getting someplace involves a circle, I absolutely will not go...I hate them.

Honored Contributor

I mostly drive in southern NJ and most of the drivers from NJ are pretty good, but the out of state drivers, especially those from Maryland, are a bit scary. They've typically been on the road several hours by the time they get here and they're not especially focused. I've been slowing down and signalling to turn right only to have a Maryland driver pass me on the right (on the shoulder) just as I'm starting to make my turn.

The worst driver I ever saw was a young kid in a big black pickup in Deptford. I was stopped at a stoplight and this idiot (no other word for him) drove up at a high speed, drove onto the island, through a red light, nearly causing several accidents as cars with the green lights swerved to avoid him, and sped away, all the while with his left hand out the driver's window giving everyone the middle finger. He also had his stereo blaring away at a deafening level. He's either dead or in jail by now if he drove like that all the time.

If you're not willing to speed at speeds of at least 70-75 MPH then you'll want to avoid interstate 295, the turnpike, or route 55. If you go much slower than that on those roads you'll get run over. I don't generally speed but on those roads, I make the exception. Now I'm a smart speeder on those roads and obey the speed limit when I'm by myself, but pretty soon a pack of cars will converge on me and then I inch up my speed to try and stay in the middle of that pack of cars. (I figure the police are more likely to pick off the leading or trailing cars if they're ticketing anyone and I'm safe in the middle of the pack.) If they go too fast and I drift to the back of the pack then I let them go, drop back down to the speed limit and wait for the next pack of cars to catch up to me. It won't take long before a new pack of cars catches up to you and then repeat the process. As long as you stay in the middle of a pack of cars, you're generally pretty safe from getting a ticket. If they're going too fast, or driving too recklessly, then I'll drift back out of the pack and resume driving at the rated speed, but if you try to just stay at the 55 or 65 mph limits all the time, you'll get run over.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!