Respected Contributor

Re: New Jersey mother arrested for leaving child in a hot car...

My younger brother may not have been here today if it wasn't for the actions of a good samaritan in 1959. My mother left him sleeping on the back seat when she went into a grocery store. He probably was only about 5-6 months old. There was some dry cleaning hung on the back seat door. Somehow he must have reached over and grabbed the plastic and got it over his head. A women walking past the car saw him there and immediately went into the grocery story and they paged over the loud speaker the make,model, and color of the car. My mom told us the was so shook up she cried hysterically. After that she never left any of us in the car alone again.
Honored Contributor

@Allegheny  Your brother is the same age as me Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I can't believe people would leave their most VALUABLE possession in a hot car......

Esteemed Contributor

Some people just should not be allowed to have children!

Super Contributor

Saw this on the news the other day,  and so glad the little girl was rescued before it was too late.  Also glad the mother was arrested, but I too wouldn't be surprised if this has happened before with this family.  Another reason to carry a Life Hammer or similar device in a vehicle, as mentioned here on another thread.

Esteemed Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

I was left many times in a hot car as a child while my parents shopped. I could have died. This news story is a wake up to parents. No child should be left in a car.

I was at the bank yesterday and a mother left her car running with the ac on with 4 small child in the car. The doors were unlocked! The security guard asked who's car that is to all of us in the bank and she came forward. He told her the doors are unlocked and anyone could have driven away with them. She actually said they can have them and proceeded to laugh. I was so upset and they called the police to come but she left then and drove off without getting her banking done. 

Its too bad they didn't get her license plate number. What a jerk she is.

When I read this, it made me sick to my stomach.  I am sure she was embarrassed and/or mad.  I hope she didn't take it out on her kids when she got home!  We can only hope that the security guard reported it to the police and they made a call to her home.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!