Esteemed Contributor

Re: 👉🏽 New Jersey folks, GOOD NEWS! 👈🏿

We drove from FL to Ohio for a family event. We ate in several restaurants. We wore masks in, as did everyone. Sat down at a table with partitions between booths and spaced seating. Servers all wore masks. I am not worried one bit about getting the virus from a restaurant.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Contact Tracing:  Gov Murphy, "PICK UP THE D@MN PHONE!!!!" Smiley LOL

@Mz iMac Problem is: I don't pick up calls when I don't know the numbers. I hope they're leaving messages! They haven't mentioned that when they talk about contact tracing.

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

It just doesn't sound like it worked be enjoyable eating out under these circumstances to me, but I'm pretty content with take out and i enjoy cooking so it hasn't been a huge sacrifice to me. 
I'm looking forward to having a pint outside at a pub though. 

@GenXmuse  same here. I jsut got comfortable with eating outdoors and went to local diners twice.Each time I was about 10 ft from the table next to me!

I have better control  of my nutrition when I cook for myself. Since I'm not exercising like I was before,  at least some aspect weight control  is still in  effect! Woman Very Happy

They have to take into account how far apart the backs of the chairs will be from each other once the chairs are pulled away from the tables.

@CelticCrafter With lots of outdoor seating, the tables are smack up against each other. Woman Frustrated - and I stay clear of the places! The 10 ft I've experienced- the places had empty tables.  I was eating off hours; one time a late breakfast/early lunch. The other time it was an early dinner.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@CelticCrafter   .. I agree.   Murphy pulled the plug on in-door dining in New Jersey with only a few days to go before the restaurants were to re-open back in late June or early July.   It was definitely not fair to everyone in the restaurant business.    Many had already ordered food in anticipation of re-opening.  I hope he doesn't flip flop again.  

@Boehm Collector at that time (late June/early July) the #'s were spiking all over the country- with all the traveling to/from NJ it would have been asking for trouble to re open indoor dining. Covid 'runs the show', our Gov is just the messenger. 

@Ibby114   Then he never should have said indoor dining could resume. 

Esteemed Contributor

My brother is a physician.  He said he would have no problem with in-door dining as long as the proper precautions are in place.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Boehm Collector wrote:

My brother is a physician.  He said he would have no problem with in-door dining as long as the proper precautions are in place.  

...... and my nephew who is an ER physician and has seen much death during this pandemic as well as having to be separated from his family for months said it's a significant enough risk due to the indoor air flow and people having their masks off (obviously) to eat and talk. He said in this case 6' is nowhere near enough physical distancing indoors to be really safe.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Esteemed Contributor

@Deree wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

...... and my nephew who is an ER physician and has seen much death during this pandemic as well as having to be separated from his family for months said it's a significant enough risk due to the indoor air flow and people having their masks off (obviously) to eat and talk. He said in this case 6' is nowhere near enough physical distancing indoors to be really safe.

@Deree @Boehm Collector  exactly. We  can't be careful enough. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@CelticCrafter   .. I agree.   Murphy pulled the plug on in-door dining in New Jersey with only a few days to go before the restaurants were to re-open back in late June or early July.   It was definitely not fair to everyone in the restaurant business.    Many had already ordered food in anticipation of re-opening.  I hope he doesn't flip flop again.  

@Boehm Collector at that time (late June/early July) the #'s were spiking all over the country- with all the traveling to/from NJ it would have been asking for trouble to re open indoor dining. Covid 'runs the show', our Gov is just the messenger. 

@Ibby114   Then he never should have said indoor dining could resume. 

Agreed- but when the spikes happened shortly after his initial decison all over he had no choice but the reverse the call. Gov Murphy (or any Gov really)  is  just the messenger for covid. Trust science!

All over the country 'decisions' will be reversed as states see spikes. It's already happened in many parts of the country. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Ibby114  @Deree  .. my brother works in a very large hospital .... 599 beds.   He not only saw countless covid-19 patients and deaths... he intubated the most seriously ill patients.  

Trusted Contributor

@Boehm Collector   1,350 but who's counting?  Your brother is certainly entitled to his personal opinion. We will continue to err on the side of caution.  After all it's our health and lives at stake.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.