Esteemed Contributor

Re: 😕 New Jersey Folks 😕

@annie-g wrote:

I live in Alabama who just had a spike and masks are highly recommended and I wear mine when out.  I also have a house in Texas and still see some people not wearing one, but the govenor is encouraging it.  Resturants are packed and people are going about their normal activity.  Texas is too large to keep locked down, but when here I try to keep safe.  After all this is going away in November, I do not believe Dr Fauchi and cannot stand to listen to him, as I think he is being paid off and tests are being manipulated to the count some people want.  One of our labs in Dallas was fired when they counted clean swabs positive, which were not even  used.  A nurse got wise to this and reported it. We are being manipulated..

Fauci has had so many missteps, many from Jan, Feb and March.  

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Mz iMac 

Please contact your county health department and ask about the mask wearing policy. 

@Nuttmeg   I know what the policy is.  What makes you think I don't?   confused.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Deree wrote:

@gardenmansaid in part:  "

"NJ was one of the five states forcing Covid-19 patients into nursing homes which were ill-equipped to handle such patients resulting in more deaths."

----------------------------------

@gardenman   WADR  Seriously your statement is very misleading.  No patient was "forced" by any state official to go back into a nursing home.  States followed CDC guidelines regarding nursing homes.  If you listened to the recent hearings in Congress Drs. Fauci and Redfield both reiterated how this transpired.

@Deree 

I don't think that @gardenman  ever responds if you take issue with any of the "facts" he presents.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac  Maybe you county does not know? 

There must be a way to contact the governor office. 

Trusted Contributor

@QueenDanceALot  Thanks. That's his prerogative.  As long as I put my comment out there so others perhaps look into it for themselves and understand the truth. Smiley Happy

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Esteemed Contributor

There was a directive from the NJ Department of Health that nursing homes could not turn down stable COVID19 patients.  Many nursing homes didn't have the PPE or were unable to configure their property to properly isolate those positive patients.  A small number of nursing homes were able to comply.

I do know that PPE was not easily obtainable at some local hospitals at the start of this.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in NJ and I think the Gov is doing a great job. It was unfortunate about the pause on inside dining but residents were not compliant. I think each venue he lifts restrictions on get very well thought out, sensible guidelines. Maybe when inside dining is allowed “knuckleheads” will be compliant. The federal government does not make masks mandatory and a Gov usually doesn’t go beyond CDC guidelines. Most people are clueless re mask wearing and hygiene so how effective are they. It’s the social distancing and hand washing that counts. Yes, I wear a mask.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They have traced our biggest spike so far to bars that were allowed to reopen way too soon. It is nuts to think patrons in bars are going to stay six feet apart. Restaurants are still allowed to stay open if they have tables 6 feet apart and have only 50% occupancy. I don't see how that makes eating inside any restaurant safer  It will be a long time before I feel safe going eating any restaurant. We have done drive-thru a few times but that’s it for now.

Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:
I live in NJ and I think the Gov is doing a great job. It was unfortunate about the pause on inside dining but residents were not compliant. I think each venue he lifts restrictions on get very well thought out, sensible guidelines. Maybe when inside dining is allowed “knuckleheads” will be compliant. The federal government does not make masks mandatory and a Gov usually doesn’t go beyond CDC guidelines. Most people are clueless re mask wearing and hygiene so how effective are they. It’s the social distancing and hand washing that counts. Yes, I wear a mask.

Don't blame it all on the residents, the bar owners need to take the brunt of responsibility for the reversal in the decision.  If they had more control over their own premises the "knuckleheads" would have been turned away.....

I'm pretty sure there would be more control over what happens inside than outside but then again not many people have the common sense to figure that one out.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Stray wrote:

Don't blame it all on the residents, the bar owners need to take the brunt of responsibility for the reversal in the decision.  If they had more control over their own premises the "knuckleheads" would have been turned away.....

I'm pretty sure there would be more control over what happens inside than outside but then again not many people have the common sense to figure that one out.

I'm in Cape May County.  We've had 68 deaths from covid 19.  The island I live on is *dry*, so no bars.  Haven't been in a restaurant and probably won't for the entire year.  Have never seen anyone in the grocery store without a mask.  Sometimes I do see noses and that makes me uncomfortable!