Honored Contributor

New Information From Your State or Province?

I just found out that school in Massachusetts is out until the end of April!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Re: New Information From Your State or Province?

there is a maryland thread going that i post on.....today it was announced that schools are closed through the 24th of april. i dont know how these kids are going to learn everything they need to learn to be on track to move forward.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

In Los Angeles County we are at 799 cases and 13 deaths. In California, we are at 2,872 cases and 60 deaths. The numbers are increasing every day.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

The same is true for our schools in Washington state. March 13 was our last day before the Governor shut down the schools. In my district, we are doing our best providing education through many means.

Honored Contributor

If you want a good overview of where we stand state by state and counties within, check out the NYT Coronavirus in the U.S.:  Latest Map and Case Count.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Here in Arizona they are closed until sometime in April. My guess is school is over for the year since they get out at the beginning of May anyway. They will just start up in early August like they usually do.

Honored Contributor

Today Colorado governor announced a stay-at-home order for all Coloradans until 4/11.

Honored Contributor

Yesterday all my children told me they don't care what the governor in their States say (they are spread out across the USA from California to Georgia), my grands will not go back to school till Sept.

My oldest grand will be getting his college diploma in the mail.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

I just found out that school in Massachusetts is out until the end of April!

May 4th is the date.

Respected Contributor

Interesting fact bit from Michigan -

Although our number of cases continues to explode (likely due to expanded testing), 89% of those cases are in 3 counties in the metro Detroit area. Duh. That's the mostly densely populated area of the state.

The western and southwestern areas of the state have just a handful of cases, with northern areas having even fewer. That also could be due to a lack of testing, but there's also a lot fewer people over here and we're rule followers. Smiley Happy

My BIL is a microbiologist who works as a medical technologist in one of the local hospital labs. He's taking vacation right now. That's right. Vacation. They're really, really slow as the hospital has sent everyone that they possibly can home. We have 5 confirmed cases of COVID-19, but only 2 have required hospitalization. Their biggest problem is people who waste hospital resources by showing up at the ER with sniffles, rather than calling their PCP or the county health department. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~