Respected Contributor

New Idea for older shoppers who are at risk

Just saw on the news a new idea by Stop & Shop Supermarket in the area. They are going try having special shopping hours for people over 60.

Honored Contributor

Re: New Idea for older shoppers who are at risk

Well that isn't a great idea either--one person is sick and then the whole bunch of them will get it ----and my whole thing is NOT to be exposed by ANYONE of any age----would rather get groceries delivered to me at home, as I normally do anyway. 

Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

Well that isn't a great idea either--one person is sick and then the whole bunch of them will get it ----and my whole thing is NOT to be exposed by ANYONE of any age----would rather get groceries delivered to me at home, as I normally do anyway. 

Is anyone checking the people who are picking your order? I read the virus can live on cardboard for 24 hours and days on plastic.

Honored Contributor

When I went grocery shopping yesterday, there were several older people I saw shopping and not distancing themselves at all...going about like nothing is wrong. Others in the store were doing the same thing. People are not taking this seriously enough as far as I can see and that really bothers me a lot.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wakefield64 wrote:

Just saw on the news a new idea by Stop & Shop Supermarket in the area. They are going try having special shopping hours for people over 60.

@wakefield64 

My neighborhood market is doing the same. They are reserving 7:00am to 8:00am for those at higher risk of COVID-19 including people with compromised immune systems and older adults. They will be the first customers in the store after it has undergone heavy duty cleaning the night before.

I applaud any measures taken to stamp out this virus.

Honored Contributor

I applaud any stores that are doing this. Caring about the elderly and those with health conditions will help in combatting this virus. 

Honored Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

@wakefield64 

Huh! Why?  Some of the PC police might call that discriminatory, and I don't like being around only old people!

=^..^=

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I don’t want to get the virus from a 60+ person any more than I want to get it from someone younger. 

Respected Contributor

i avoid stop&shop , can't stand them, overpriced and dirty stores and i wouldnt get up at 5:30 AM to shop there anyway. would rather drive 10 miles to another store.