Honored Contributor

as i have discussed here in the past where i live in florida there are alot of new homes being built - not just my plan but all around the area where I live. Since new home starts are an indicator of economic recovery I consider it to be a good sign. But we must take into consideration that most homes being built in florida are for retirees not working people,and the economy effects retirees differently.

This weekend we came home to the pittsburgh area and have been looking around out area. When we left 11 months ago there was a new large plan of homes starting - they were just beginning to build. Today we went by there and we were shocked to see the plan is almost totally sold out. We discussed this on our way across town to visit family and again noticed the same thing on the other side of the city. SO if new homes building is an indicator of economic recovery then it would seem that in florida and Pa the economy is doing well.

We did see when we were at Hilton head on the way down that there are several high end home plans that seem to be getting a very sluggish start, but i doubt Hilton Head is an indicator of the average American city since it is a resort.